1 2 3 Previous Next 172 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2014 10:46 AM by funkydm RSS

How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.

Jeremysmokin420

There was a reason why camping wasn't as massive in Black Ops 2 as it is in Ghosts. An attachment or something that allowed people to "Detect lingering heat signatures through walls and objects".  If there were a new perk introduced which was based off of sitrep, but allowed you to see stationary enemies through walls and objects as clearly as enemy equipment and explosives, you can save this franchise.  I have been on here a long time, I really never complain about campers, but it is getting really insane.  I played on sovereign last night and it started out as the usual game.  Or so I thought.  I'd clear one area, get killed by a camper.  Respawn, move on to the camper, kill him, move on to the next area, camper.  And this happened over and over again until the match was over.  I am nowhere near the best, but nowhere the worst Ghosts player and have prided myself in overcoming the techniques of campers, but it is getting out of control.  I don't care what people say, Ghosts is a badass game that I love to play, but there is a thread that speaks of the community ruining the game, and it is true.  But there is a way around it.  Infinity Ward, If you just make a perk, a 3 pt, or 2 to spite campers, that allows people to see stationary asshats(by stationary i mean someone who doesnt move more than a meter or two in two seconds) they can be detected in the same manner as sitrep detects explosives and enemy equipment, the game will receive a whole new life.  I wish I could add a vote system for support from the community, but we know what the response would be.  Spread this Idea and get it out there, and hopefully IW will see it and act on it.

• 1. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
          Jeremysmokin420

don't for get to reply or respond with your support, or lack of support.  Camping is a major issue and it should be treated as such to save the game.

• 2. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
            matuzz

Camping is part of every FPS game, well okay maybe not Titanfall. But it has always been on CoD and there are ton of counters for it. It's legitimate tactic and people can camp if they want.

• 3. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
              Jeremysmokin420

There are a ton of counters?..... Tell me then, what are these counters you speak of, because BO2 had counters, but there are none that are legitimate for Ghosts that I have seen to work every single time. Seriously, enlighten me so I may spread this anti-camper movement.  Because everyone is sick and tired of the $hit.

• 4. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
                brsox

I hate campers but I think that's a terrible idea. They just need to make the game less camper friendly. The maps, weapons, attachments, equipment, killstreaks and perk system seem to encourage camping in Ghosts. Black Ops 2 was very camper friendly too, imo.

• 5. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
                  Jeremysmokin420

So, with all of the camper friendliness occurring, how would you solve the problem?  You list everything in the game encourages camping, but offer no solution.  Why is it a terrible idea, because it would eliminate the majority of camping?  Does it give anyone an unfair advantage?  I feel it evens the odds against people who don't want to play the game, who want to rack up kills and ruin the experience for others.  I feel it evens it out.  there should be balances to the game, and there are none when it comes to campers.  Plenty of balances for rushers, none for campers.  So why is it a terrible idea, and what's yours?

• 6. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
                    matuzz

Okay then:

• Equipment
                      • Flash
                      • Stun
                      • Smoke
                      • 9-Bang
                      • Thermobaric (if you want to soften them up)
                    • Leathal
                      • Frags
                      • Semetx
                      • C4
                      • Canisterbomb
                    • Attachemnt
                      • Grenade launcher
                      • FMJ if they are in spot that is easy to wallbang
                    • Special weapons
                      • Kasket
                      • RPG
                      • Even the Riot shiled if you want to push them out.
                    • Scorestreaks
                      • Oracle
                      • UAV
                      • Gryphon
                      • I mean there is so many streaks to smoke campers out.

Then we can go to general gameplay. Once camper kills you, you know where they are. So now comes the easy part, either avoid them and go around, try to surprise them by flanking, try to storm in (not the best choice) or USE any of the many possible means listed above to kill the camper, or distract him to make him easy kill. If you honestly need a wallhack gun to deal with campers, you need to play more. Try moving more cautiously and check those corners. It doesn't take many matches to know the most common camping spots.

• 7. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
                      scotland-rules

I'd solve the problem by telling  those who are anti-camping to grow a pair and do what people have done for every CoD game,

• think before running out into the open
                      • stick the edge of the map
                      • run sit-rep in order to counter things such as IEDs
                      • run incog to prevent thermal showings
                      • Check Corners and known camping spots, don't blindly rush in

Doing all of this can help those who wish to rush not be slaughtered by those who choose to camp. Its common sense, plus you'll find very few players stay 'stationary' for large periods of time. Often they'll wait for just under a minute, rack up some kills and move so they don't get slaughtered by those who always try and come back for the 'revenge' kill.

• 8. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
                        brsox

rather than mask the problem with a wall hack, they need to make the game less camper friendly.

• 9. Re: How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.
                          Jeremysmokin420

and everything you mentioned, besides the AP rounds can be countered by perks that are most commonly run by campers.  I don't rush.  Out of 10 Loadouts in Ghosts, only one is a dedicated rusher, and I still don't rush with it, I treat it as an AR class and move around moderately.  The maps are filled with so much crap that a camper can hide anywhere.  Anywhere!!  When there are a dozen places to look, and you only have time to check out one or two before being shot down, moving cautiously and checking corners does nothing but fuel the aggravation. I am not saying your ideas aren't great, they are a wonderful start, but all of the equipment, lethals, attachments, and special weapons(riot shield aside) can be reduced with Blast Shield and Tac Resist, making all of that almost useless, unless running extra tac and lethal which takes up even more perk slots.  And the riot shield is a 50-50, only with increasing odds if you pick the right corner.  Hey, you picked the right corner, great, now move in and bash them before a team mate of theirs comes up and shoots you in the back.  So pretty much, all that can be countered with two perks and an extra teammate.  As for the scorestreaks, well, there are perks to counter those as well.  A true, dedicated camper is set in this game and something being done to even the odds would be great.  The only way those suggestions you made would truly help is if everyone changed their play style to counter campers with the examples you used above, and then all rushed together.  Unfortunately, this only works if you are running with a clan, because the people in TDM, the average joe or jane don't understand the concept behind "Team" Deathmatch.  Once again, though, great start and thanks for the contribution.  I will experiment some more with grenade spamming for those pesky campers.

1 2 3 Previous Next