46 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2014 3:47 PM by TurkeyWhacker RSS

Heads up Major changes to Scoring in this weeks Clan Wars (

maccabi

Read this carefully..

There will be a major scoring change to this week's clan war: Antarctica.  Each capture of a node will reduce the node's CP by 2

The holding bonus will increase to 1 CP every 2 hours.  Each time a hold bonus is applied, the CP for the node being held will go up by 1.

The max CP for each node will be 2X the starting CP value (the value at the beginning of the war). The min CP value for each node will be 3

I wont comment im too busy facepalming

• Re: Heads up Major changes to Scoring in this weeks Clan Wars (
          OUHATEME

definately a new dynamic and new strategy options.

tracy

Wow, just gone dizzy trying to make sense of that - but thanks for the info, much appreciated

maccabi

tracy wrote:

Wow, just gone dizzy trying to make sense of that - but thanks for the info, much appreciated

ok so

if you take a node thats say 10cp value  your clan gets 10 cp for taking it  (it then drops down 2 cp so if another clan then takes it straight away they would get 8cp  (same as the old flawed system but instead of 1 cp drop its now 2)

If you stupidly hold and defend the node you then get 1 cp every 2 hours for holding it and its cp value increases (upto a max of being worth 50cp) BUT if another clan then takes it they get whatever its worth atm the time.

for example you took the node for 10cp, (it drops to 8cp)  you hold it for 4 hours (1cp per 2 hrs) its once again worth 10 cp, if you then hold it for another 4 hours its worth 12 cp. 

so there is even less benefit in holding a node now as the longer you hold it the more another clan will get for taking it.

the other problem with this system is timezones , as most clan wars still have mixed euro/usa clans you can now easily end up in a situation where you take a node, and because noone else is playing hold it for a while and lose it when you go offline and find another clan ends up ahead of you due to the extra points

imho its the worst scoring system they have yet come up with, its got all the flaws of the original system but worse as the drop is now 2cp and makes the entire issue of time zone differences and clans not actually competing as they didnt opt in even worse.

tracy

So basically if you're in Uk/Europe your going to suffer - as we tend to start the wars of and then everyone else jumps on quite a few hours later, so the nodes will be worth more than when first captured because of this 'wonderful' new scoring system and it's not like we're actively trying to defend, good to know that they care about all participants. So what is the point of  even trying if most clans are probably just going to sit there and let the nodes accumulate more points before taking them, such a flawed system.

this is bad.. did they steal this idea from a monkey?

where was this info posted?

I do not think I like this system.

nevrbeenscared

only thing I dont like is the US\EU server share I hate going to bed in first and waking up in second because the Europe guys are playing while were sleeping and get an  technically extra day to take nodes from us. no worries we'll pull some all nighters at the end because we're sick like that but I still think it sucks. new scoring system is great let them hold then until 50 and go in and take that ****, i see nothing wrong with that and if they take it from you at max it only goes down 2CP by the time you knock them down and take it again it will be still worth taking from them...

WhyNoName

This is an absolutely horrible scoring system.  Wonder if the roster lock is going to work for real this time and not just be a placebo.

Izjar11

maccabi wrote:

Read this carefully..

There will be a major scoring change to this week's clan war: Antarctica.  Each capture of a node will reduce the node's CP by 2

The holding bonus will increase to 1 CP every 2 hours.  Each time a hold bonus is applied, the CP for the node being held will go up by 1.

The max CP for each node will be 2X the starting CP value (the value at the beginning of the war). The min CP value for each node will be 3

thanks for sharing, holding the node gives 1cp per 2 hours, perhaps increasing the cp to 5 might motivate clans to hold them. I guess they are trying to find the best of every possible scoring system, we are basically (as before) guinea pigs in the grand scheme of clan wars.

AMMO_MAGNET

whats your source. i am interested to read this. i think some people might be misinterpreting your supplied informations

aaces101

So basically, if u can play the war early, u can coast in the end. On the flip side, if u can't play early and use the weekend as the lions share of your points, ur most likely sol. Not big on complaining, but I don't get this at all.

phxs72

So if a clan takes a 10 pt node and holds it for 2 hours then they have 12 pts from that node and it's again worth 10 pts to whomever captures it.  So the early bird is back to getting the most reward.  The only way for a clan to offset this is to take the node from them and hold it for longer than the first clan did.  All while taking other nodes.  It sounds like a more convoluted version of the original system.  I'd be willing to bet that once again whichever clan takes number one first will be able to coast to victory.  The 5th war system was far better.

maccabi

phxs72 wrote:

So if a clan takes a 10 pt node and holds it for 2 hours then they have 12 pts from that node and it's again worth 10 pts to whomever captures it.  So the early bird is back to getting the most reward.  The only way for a clan to offset this is to take the node from them and hold it for longer than the first clan did.  All while taking other nodes.  It sounds like a more convoluted version of the original system.  I'd be willing to bet that once again whichever clan takes number one first will be able to coast to victory.  The 5th war system was far better.

sort of

clan takes the node they get 10 cp for it (it then drops down to 8 cp as the new system goes back to the flawed diminsihing returns system) so if a clan takes the node in the first two hours they only get 8 cp for it.

if the first clan holds the node every two hours they get 1 cp holding bonus and the node INCREASES in value by 1 cp so after 4 hours its worth 10 cp again, for every 2 hours after that the node vlaue increases by 1cp (upto a max of 50cp)

so yes the old flaw that allowed clans to win on the first day is now back, plus the worst thing that could possibly happen is you get stuck holding a node for anything over 6 hours as the next clan who takes it earns more cp for it than you did

horrible horrible system

mwfan55

maccabi wrote:

Read this carefully..

I would like to clarify one thing. If a clan holds a territory and it reaches the max, the clan holding it will receive the max cp.

Example: Territory is worth 10 cp. You own the territory, hold it till it reaches MAX, now it is worth 20 cp. So your clan will receive the additional 10 cp. In total you would have received 20 cp. Yes the territory is now worth 20 cp, but your clan would have received the 20 as well for holding that long.

maccabi

mwfan55 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Read this carefully..

I would like to clarify one thing. If a clan holds a territory and it reaches the max, the clan holding it will receive the max cp.

Example: Territory is worth 10 cp. You own the territory, hold it till it reaches MAX, now it is worth 20 cp. So your clan will receive the additional 10 cp. In total you would have received 20 cp. Yes the territory is now worth 20 cp, but your clan would have received the 20 as well for holding that long.

yes, if you hold the node you will get 1cp every two hours , so assuming as in your example the max cp for the node is 20cp if a clan then takes the node they will get 20cp for taking it

so your clan would need to spend (or have no other clan trying to take it for  24 hours for it to reach max cp ) and a clan can then come along and take it in 30 mins odd

mwfan55

maccabi wrote:

mwfan55 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Read this carefully..

yes, if you hold the node you will get 1cp every two hours , so assuming as in your example the max cp for the node is 20cp if a clan then takes the node they will get 20cp for taking it

Yes, but you would have already received 20 for holding that long. Ends up being equal in point value. I am not supporting the new system. I am just trying to advise people that the clan capping it after you are not going to get more cp than you already have for it.

Izjar11

mwfan55 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

mwfan55 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Read this carefully..

Yes, but you would have already received 20 for holding that long. Ends up being equal in point value. I am not supporting the new system. I am just trying to advise people that the clan capping it after you are not going to get more cp than you already have for it.

Forcing clans to go after another node. This change seems to want clans to go after them all.

mwfan55

Izjar11 wrote:

mwfan55 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

mwfan55 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Read this carefully..

Forcing clans to go after another node. This change seems to want clans to go after them all.

It's going to a tricky clan war, that's for sure. The strategy will change a lot. Some clans may not even play the first day or 2 and keep it all for the weekend. This way they go crazy and cap at max value. By the same token, by then the cap value may have dropped by then if several clans are very active during the first 2 days.

WhyNoName

Now the war has started and we are seeing how the scoring is impacting the strategy, it appears that the initial boost the node's original CP could be a one time event.

In my war, a clan took TDM.  We let them keep it until it ran up to near double the original XP.  Took the node down to gain the additional CP and now, after several hours, it is still at the decreased value of gained value minus 2 CP for taking the node.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?  Just wondering because that helps mitigate "some" boosting and still gives the clan holding it the 1 CP bonus every 2 hours.  Rewards the clan holding the node while not providing additional fruit for the enemy clans at this point.

An idea I had on the way this system is working - If they find that increasing the value of the node once captured is useful, why not also increase the amount of wins it takes to reclaim the node?  Make it harder to capture while providing them a higher reward as well.  In our small sized clan wars, it only takes a couple of full clan wins to achieve breaking a node and then another couple of wins for retaking it.  If the wins would increase as the CP values do, it seems to make sense.  Now, the flip side of this is that it may simply introduce a first guy who gets the node wins the war.  Just trying to think of a way to add more value to holding the node rather than letting it slip away to simply redo the process of taking it again for additional CP.

EDIT:  It looks like the node values have finally increased to max value.  Not sure if there was some glitch or something, but they did not begin increasing for over 12 hours.

So...if original node is worth 10 points and "we" cap said node, we gain 10 points.  The value of the node is then reduced to 8 points.  Let's say this happens at 3 pm.  At 5 pm, the node is worth 9 points and "we" have 11 points in total.  At 7 pm, the node is now worth the original 10 points and "we" have 12 points total.  This continues until 5 am at which time "we" would have 17 points and the node would be worth 15 points.  If we run it all the way to the node being worth 20 points which would be it's maximum value, "we" would have 22 points, thus it still being worth two extra points to the original capturing clan.  In theory, if it goes unchallenged, then the defending team can continue to rack up defense points making it now worth more to defend the node.

Bowey1988

My head has become very dizzy but luckily we are first place in our wars with 187 cp (Only 4-6 active members per day).

We are currently winning with dangerous strategy as were holding 6 nodes atm and have done since the start of the war...only problem is that if another clan takes any of those off us then were f****d bcos they have only been increasing cp all this time. More reason to defend, perhaps?

lol My wife has currently increased our HC Tdm node from 1 win back up to a 15 win defence, go her!

I hate HC lol

maccabi

Bowey1988 wrote:

My head has become very dizzy but luckily we are first place in our wars with 187 cp (Only 4-6 active members per day).

We are currently winning with dangerous strategy as were holding 6 nodes atm and have done since the start of the war...only problem is that if another clan takes any of those off us then were f****d bcos they have only been increasing cp all this time. More reason to defend, perhaps?

yep were in the same boat, we hold all but one node (which is going down today) and have a 220+ cp lead on the second placed clan, if they take all out nodes they take the lead due to the scoring system..but if we take them back at our leisure and let them hold them  we will win on points..

this is why this system is as useless as the first one.

Izjar11

This new scoring is pointless, its not earning us enough points for holding it as the temptation to let it sit and wait and earn full CP is. This weekend shall be interesting.

Bowey1988

Got to say, I think people need to give these node mechanics a slight chance to play out.

We might then see a useful strategy between the lines

the wrestler

The strategies in this clan war are easy to solve and play out.

The problem right now is with implementation. On Beachhead's part. Them doing what they claim they want to do.

Our clan has been tracking the scoreboard closely all day, and Beachhead is not giving the bonus points for holding a node. Or perhaps I should say, Beachhead is not giving those bonuses out in a timely fashion. We have watched some of our nodes held (we have had four of them since 7:20am ET) sit held, for over four hours now, and not one bonus point to our clan.

maccabi

Izjar11 wrote:

This new scoring is pointless, its not earning us enough points for holding it as the temptation to let it sit and wait and earn full CP is. This weekend shall be interesting.

we blitzed the map first night , taking as many high value nodes as we could ( old tactic to take advantage of the flaw in scoring) assuming if another clan then took them back quickly when we got offline (ie them being us based) they would get less points and we could then take them back the next day for the same or more than we took them for originally.

Now we over 220 cp ahead and most of our nodes are nearing max value , if they dont fall we win, if they get taken we just leave them till the last day and retake them .. either way we win

AMMO_MAGNET

Correct, in order for you not to win you need a third party that interferes with you retaking the nodes. given your large lead i am assuming 3rd place on down have given up leaving it as a 2 clan battle ground. so as long as when you knock the other clan off the node they dont immediately retake it it is impossible for you to lose. good strategy, but after day 2 already a boring game. This game to me is like playing monopoly. you know who won halfway through but you still have to endure it to the end.

The scoring system on Antarctica sucks - no one is waiting for a node to build up cp points, all of the nodes are either worth 3 or 4 at this point and that won't change for the rest of the war.  The amount of wins is ridiculously low to capture a node so all clans are just playing a couple games in a node, capturing it, losing it and capturing it again.  You can't build up wins to defend a node.  The clans that will win the war did so in the first hour it started when the cp points were reasonable.  There is mathematically no way for the other clans to catch up unless the winning clan stops playing now.  Beachhead needs to go back to the BO2 format.  This is a waste of time and only frustrates dedicated players.  I pre-ordered the game and bought the season pass.  Between the boosters, hackers, cheaters and clan wars, I'm already regretting the $'s I've spent.  It'd be nice if the latest patch addressed the hackers instead of nerfing items or at a minimum, we could mute the damn music.

TurkeyWhacker

I fully understand what you all are saying, and it makes sense based on these detailed descriptions, but I believe the system to be glitching. Node value has decreased by 2 on each captured node. But the node value has not increased on nodes held, and the clans holding nodes have not seen any increase in CP from doing so. Is anybody else experiencing this?