Firstly, I enjoy this game! It has a great feel, visuals and many other features that I love in a game. That is the only reason I care enough to put my time into addressing the things that may potentially destroy my enjoyment of a game that has so much potential. So for everyone who says, "just go play something else." That's why.
That being said, the game has some lag issues and technical problems, which are kind of expected to a certain degree. I do feel, however, that the cheating and exploiting in this game have gotten out of control. I have read the plethora of complaints across the internet and on these forums, so I know I'm not alone. Complaining is not enough. We need to address the following issues. I encourage anyone who enjoys this game to add and discuss, but I ask that it be constructive.
Game issues that may look like cheating but really aren't (ie should be fixed but aren't cheating):
- Connection Lag
- Lag Compensation
- Poor Spawning
- Legitimate hosting issues
Game elements that are legitimate but can be misinterpreted as cheats:
- Radical imbalance between players with regard to perks and equipment in any given match.
- Imbalances in Hardware on the client end.
- Actual player skill.
Issues with company accountability:
- Nothing is being done to date.
- Any poor publicity with regard to bad play experiences is being swept under the carpet.
- The company needs to make a profit and it is in the companies best financial interest to keep both the cheaters and legitimate players happy to maximize profit.
- There is no subscription to this game. They already have your money, and no you aren't going to see a refund.
Issues with the player base:
- Legitimate players are frustrated and many legitimate players just leave the game and play something else when it becomes too frustrating
- Some legitimate players begin cheating due to an "If you can't beat them, join them" ethic
- The online player base is dying. As a result, fewer game types are availible because fewer legitimate players are playing.
Issues with a solution:
- The company is not taking an active role, or if they are they aren't offering any insight to the player base to give hope of any resolution.
- The company is far more concerned with public perception (future buyers), than current players.
- The 'no name and shame' policy on the forums is like a form letter dissuading people from commenting on any specifics of the cheating problem.
Ideas for what players can do:
- "Name and shame", but do it right. Show proof, show video, make it undeniable and promote it in the community (check the YouTube channels and 3rd party forums).
- If someone is cheating in your match, leave the game, hit F1 scroll right, report them then join a new game.
Ideas for what the company can do:
- Implement anti-cheat software (this is obvious but really hard to accomplish, but please try for us)
- Possibly pairing players by KtD or level, letting the hackers play with each other (of course this would require a system for legitimate players who are able to achieve high scores to prove themselves in some way which is not ideal, but may be workable)
Message was edited by: Dex_2002 Edited the formatting to make this actually readable.