Hello all, as an experienced CoD PC player, I've been watching closeley how call of duty has been changing over the years and sadly, the PC version has been getting less and less support with every new CoD, starting from Modern Warfare 2 and continiuing to Black Ops 2. I will 1st list the biggest problems of the PC version of the game and then put an explenation about every one of them, and as for the shotguns (since people will most likeley ask about that and complain) So here it is:
1. All those "mini patches' that we get like every week that tweak or "balance" the game.**
2. The "lag compensation" or however the game is tweaked.***
3. Aim assist*
5. Hard-Core weapon damage*
6. Core weapon damage*
So lets begin with the explenation:
1. The "mini patches" that tend to balance the game but in most of the cases they mostly **** it up (I'm not sure how exactly they are applied on console or how they affect it).
Now why is that they **** it up? Well here is a clear example: Recoil. The recoil of some weapons like the msmc, pdw, vector, an94 and scar keeps getting tweaked more and more like in every 1 of these mini patches or whatever you want to call them to either good or bad. There was this point at which the weapons had the same recoil as the ones in console which was just ridicilous, considering the way at which recoil can be handled on PC. Here is an other example: The weapon damage. The msmc's damage keeps changing, at 1st it was like 4 shots-kill if im not mistaking, and right now the msmc kills in 2-3 which is just completeley unfair and makes the assault rifles useless because of its low recoil.
2. The favorite of the whole CoD gaming community since Modern Warfare 3. Now since I know it's not really lag compensation that causes it (and im not exactly sure what does) or how the game was tweaked, so i will just give examples of how ****** up it is on PC.
2.1 - The advantage people with slower connections get towards people with fast ones. Now lets put 2 objects, a guy with 10 mbit and a guy with 100mbit connection. If you do the math, the guy with 100mbit should allways get the advantage in everything, well in this case he gets disadvantaged in every aspect. As most of you know PC uses official dedicated servers which act server-client client-server and if both players are at a current distance to the server and get the same ping and they shouldnt get big lag problems or disadvantages to one and other right? Wrong. This is the weird thing that should be ******* fixed. People with slower connections (nomatter the ping, nomatter the distance) get a small and up to HUGE advantage over people with faster connections which is just insaneley unfair and should have been fixed immediateley back in december when everyone started complaining about it (mostly the console players) and guess what, it more or less got balanced on console and it's not a big problem anymore, but as allways, PC got no fix, stood ****** up trough the whole season. I, as example, have a close-to-flawless aim when i warm up and yet it feels as if I'm shooting ghosts, the guy runs and just absorbs all my bullets without anything, and at the end guess what? He turns around, wastes 1 mag, misses shitload of times and kills me, but guess what i see? 2-3 bullets fired and im down. I had 0 reaction time to that. You can find many examples in youtube about this problem, i'll just put 1 that i found the most close to what i said in the end of the topic.
2.2 - Limiting your connection speed/Seeding or Downloading while playing. Yes this is a real thing, Limiting your connection to more or less 500KBps down and 30KBps up seems to be the best connection so you get the least lag, or something that i've been using to manually "fix" it is 'NetBalancer'. By limiting the speed at which the game downloads and uploads data from/to the server reduces this boost people with slow connections get over you (if you have a faster connection) and you get 9/10 more hitmarkers than before (you will miss occasionaly some but thats just because this **** is just configured way too bad, thats why it needs a fix). Same goes for the download/upload. It's a worse choise over the 1st one but it still works in a way.
4. My most hated one after the lag. Hipfire. It's way too god damn accurate, take the scorpion for example. That thing doesn't need a laser, it's way too god damn accurate! Hipfire in general got nerfed in the 1st patches because its spread was minimal but over the time the spray has been getting reduced bit by bit and its at the point again where its more efficient in close range than ADS which is just ridicilous. This is PC, not consle, people can aim you know? Why not leave it the way it was in cod 2 or cod 4 without the steady aim perk? 2/10 of my deaths are lucky hipfire headshots at mid/long range, like seriously come on! This isn't cs to spray and pray nor console. You have 500% faster and more accurate react time because of the mouse/keyboard.
5. I'm not gona say much about this than that lmgs penatrate up to 3 walls and still 1 shot kill, take the peacekeeper as well as an example, 2 shots you're dead, no react time. Combine this with "lag compensation" or whatever its called and gg. You won't get a kill, why? Because if the enemy gets the compensation, on corners he will see you ALLWAYS 1st and you will die without seeing him. Fair right? Yeah.
6. Minor problem as well, keeps getting tweaked with those little mini-patches. Console weapons kill way faster than the ones on PC, know why? Because of this "Lag compensation" or whatever the thing thats causing it is called. The player hitboxes are actually further or behind where you see the enemy player so you will be thinking "oh im hitting the guy in the chest with the scar why didnt he die on the 4th shot??" Because you're actually hitting differend hitboxes that don't cause that much damage or you simply miss because of the delay 2-3 shots. Fair as well right? Completeley.
Screenshot proof: http://imgur.com/PlOiYXt,prqL7ni,A0kpUa2#0
Screenshot N1. It shows where the bullet hit after "penetrating" my character, where i dropped my weapon and backpack and where my actual body was (as you can see, its still in run animation).
Screenshot N2. It shows where the person was, and if you know the map, you will know that there is a "pillar" that cant be penatrated unless using fmj (the guy had stock and silencer on the AN 94). The bullet hits the door and penatrates me, which suposedley kills me, but my body wasnt behind the door as you can see.
Screenshot N3. It shows there the blood comes out and where the bullet went out from "my body" or i.e. my hitboxes.
<me> space<my hitboxes> The distance between those 2 is 1 body more, so im disadvantaged by 2 bodies, the people can shoot at me and even if i strate and try to avoid, they will most likeley shoot behind me if they cant stay on-target and still kill me because of this.
Now as for the shotguns, in my opinion they are OP, especialy the r870, why? Long barrel. It increases the range at which it 1 shot kills a lot, but still can be dealth with imo. Annoying but not a big problem.
Please if you agree, support this topic and give opinion in the comments, Activision must not configure Ghosts the same way they did with black ops 2 and mw3, if your connection is under 10mb then don't complain about lag! Just get a better connection, it's cheap anyway. Why do the people with faster connection have to suffer, really?
Here are some videos from youtube regarding the lag:
And now the most ridicilous "fix" about the lag (which doesn't fully do the job but at least it removes partially the huge advantage some people get) - Lag Compensation FIX - Black Ops 2 Tips and Tricks - YouTube
* Minor problems (That don't affect gameplay as much).
** A problem that should be fixed.
*** Main problem. The thing ruining the game.