My ISP plan is 15 mb/s down with 2 mb/s up. I am currently connected via Wii LAN Adapter, but I've noticed the internet on the Wii U runs VERY slow - IE: any video played on YouTube (via app or browser) keeps getting interrupted every 4 seconds.
In the next few days, I'm going to upgrade to 30 mb/s down with 5 mb/s up...but that doesn't really affect the "relative" connection speed questions I have...
1) Is anyone else seeing huge discrepancies when using the LAN vs WiFi?
2) Why the hell is the U so slow with it's connectivity in general? This can't be helpful to BO2 connectivity, can it?
3) Is the LAN Adapter not USB 2.0?
Here are some tests of:  Wii U LAN,  Wii U WiFi, and  my laptop. During WiFi, router is 2 feet from Wii U and 30 feet from laptop.
 Wii U LAN download: 1.26 mbps
 Wii U LAN upload: wouldn't work
 Wii U WiFi download: 1.6 mbps
 Wii U WiFi upload: wouldn't work
 Laptop WiFi download: 16.22 mbps
 Laptop WiFi upload: 2.34 mb/s
Site: http://testmy.net (this one is the most telling as it can test all consoles)
 Wii U LAN download: 1.9 mbps
 Wii U LAN upload: 767 kbps
 Wii U WiFi download: 6 mbps
 Wii U WiFi upload: 874 kbps
 Laptop WiFi download: 14.6 mbps
 Laptop WiFi upload: 2.4 mbps
Site: http://pingtest.net (testing laptop WiFi only since U doesn't support Flash)
 Ping: 48 (500 miles away), 105 (2,000 miles away)
 Jitter: 6 (500 miles away), 3 (2,000 miles away)
 Packet Loss: 0 (500 miles away), 0 (2,000 miles away)
Site: http://speedtest.net (testing laptop WiFi only since U doesn't support Flash)
 Ping: 44
 Download: 14.5 mbps
 Upload: 2.10 mbps
In-Game Bandwidth (options>system info):
 Wii U LAN: 2.1 mbps
 Wii U WiFi: 2.0 mbps
So...essentially my laptop that is 30 feet from my router works 7 times FASTER than my Wii U that is plugged into the router (LAN)...and even more crazy is that my Wii U LAN is 3 times SLOWER than my Wii U WiFi?
########## UPDATE ###########
I upgraded my internet to double it was before, so am now at 30 mbps up and 5 mbps down.
NEW Speed Test (http://testmy.net):
 Wii U LAN download: 1.2 mbps
 Wii U LAN upload: 455 kbps
 Wii U WiFi download: 5.6 mbps
 Wii U WiFi upload: 810 kbps
 Laptop WiFi download: 29 mbps
 Laptop WiFi upload: 5.3 mbps
NEW In-Game Bandwidth (options>system info):
 Wii U LAN: 2.3 mbps
 Wii U WiFi: 2.7 mbps
So I talked to Nintendo Tech Support:
* "we don't have any information on how to speed it up, nor do we have information as to if there are limits on the internet speed of the U or the max speed the U can handle. The e-Shop has been down/under-going maintenance so that may be increasing lag."
And then I talked to Nintendo Consumer Support (because Tech said they'd have more info):
* "there's no information I have to help you - did you contact your ISP?"
And then I talked to "Advanced WiFi Support":
* changed wireless channel from "Auto" to "1" = no change in speed
* changed channel to "6" = no change
* changed channel to "11" = increased Wii U WiFi speed from 5.6 mbps to 6.1 mbps
* no other channels made a difference
* I have a Belkin router and there is a QoS (quality of service) setting that was on. Was told to turn it off, but made no change in speed
NEW NEW In-Game Bandwidth (options>system info):
 Wii U LAN: 2.3 mbps
 Wii U WiFi: 3.0 mbps (highest I've ever gotten). Last night 3/25 I actually had 4.8 mbps in-game all night and still had HUGE lag issues. Could be someone in my party or lobby with a bad connection that caused that though.
Additional Info From Nintendo:
* DMZ has nothing to do with speed - only has to do with firewall (same with port-forwarding)
* Wii U can handle up to 130 mbps WiFi
* LAN adapter "should" work well as it is 10/100
* Any game online (like BO2 multiplayer) should work very well if you have above a 6 mbps connection with the Wii U
* If your router was between $40 and $80 (mine was $40) - it might not be advanced enough to handle online gaming through the Wii U
* Was told to look into a better router
* Was told to contact my router (Belkin) and ask them for specific setup for Wii U
Will update this if anything changes for the better. Might just get a new router. All of this can't be helping the connection issues I have with this game.
Yea its true the WiiU Wifi is faster than the lan adapter, i have tested myself
my internet is 37MB when i test with pc its 37MB on the test
all the wii u can do is 8MB over wifi on the test and 4/5MB with the lan adapter
I believe there are bandwidth limits on the Wii U if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember if the limits are on the lan adapter or if they are on the wifi or both. I think it'sjust the land adapter but I'm not sure. You would have to go look it up. There are posts about it on different forums. A google search should find it no problem. I would look it for you but I don't have time right now.
I've searched and there are, I just haven't read anything definitive about how broad the issue is or what the cause is. Some point to the USB on the adapter being USB 1.x rather than 2.0. Nothing definitive on that either. Some say the original was 1.x and the new ones are 2.0. But some say they had the same speed differences with both. Sometimes the internet doesn't offer a solution
I wasn't referring to the adapter. I've read that wifi or no wifi the Wii U has a bandwidth restriction on the network card. Which is why your download over wifi is slower than the laptop. I'll try and test my network adapter tonight after work. I don't have time right now.
As far as the adapter goes, I'm sure there's away to look up the specs on it. I have the Nintendo brand adapter on my Wii and I'm using a different one on my Wii U. I don't know the specs on either one though.
It's weird that you have such a difference between those two sites when you tested the console. I will try them both later.