27 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 2:58 PM by codeaholic RSS

How to rank up on BO2 zombies?

How do you rank up on zombies on BO2? I have a skeleton head with a three on top...

• Re: How to rank up on BO2 zombies?

U can level up in zombies by your Kills and downs ratio

Dual Bones: 5 - 15 K/D
          Skull:20+ K/D
          Skull + Knife: 80 - 100+ K/D
          Skull + Dual Shotguns: 180 - 200+ K/D

Dashes are included for each day you play a full match of TranZit or Survival (Online) it cannot be solo, or local.

I dont think it all KD ratio. I have said this so many times but I have a friend with 8000 plus kills and like 200 downs, only been to round 16 and has a knife. Hasnt even played in like a week.

like the guy above me said i also know people with k/d of 25 that have shotguns, also i got knife with a k/d of 60.

maybe your k/d needed to level up decreases with revives, doors opened etc...

I've got a k/d of 106.8 and i'm still on the skull with 5 tallys and blue eyes... (and have been for about 2-3 weeks now - i've played zombies every day since release...) ...so it's def not just k/d.

Not sure if anyone has said this before, but i was in a lobby with someone who had studs around his emblem. Is that before shot guns or after? There was no gun, or knife, just a zombie head with studs going all the way round the outside of the emblem

No way is it kdr, I got a kd of 208 and still stuck on the skull with the dagger and blue eyes, I don't think it's high rounds either because I've been to 40, 42, 44, an 45.

It's a weird ranking system.. I guess we got to wait until treyarch decide to spill the beans..

I think the ranking system is based on all the leaderboard stats and not just kills. I got over 2,000 kills, 23 revives, 2 downs, 800 headshots andwent from skull, to skull with shotguns, so it's definetly not based solely around kd.

I have been stuck on skull with the knife and blue eyes for a while now, I have made it to round 49 on tranzit.

My full stats are:

Accuracy - 120% (407,504 fired 491919 hit)

Kills - 77063

Headshots - 25,402 (32%)

Downs - 507 (kdr 1.51)

Deaths - 292 (kdr 263.9)

Distance Travelled - 1,440 miles

Revives - 1,484

Perks - 853

Doors - 775

Grenade kills - 1835

Gibs - 94;616

do everything possible to have the best game EVER and you will rank up.  It doesn't really matter about deaths and down to kill ratio, but that does help.  Make sure you are the one reviving your buddies, make sure you are the one opening all the doors, make sure you are popping off plenty of heads with your kills, drink your perks!!! 

Everything you do in you Zombies game will help you rank up.  I've never been de-ranked once you achieve a higher rank, you'll only loose your eyes and tallies if you are not consecutive in your game play.

My friend has 50k kills, with over 1k in deaths and he is ranked skull with dual shotties, so kills to downs has NOTHING to do with it. 

Kills: 32051

Downs: 151

Revives:  180

Headshots: 19976

Deaths: 80

Perks drank: 176

Doors: 180

Hits: 1.15

K/D: 212

As you can see, I have a low amount of revives, perks drank and doors opened.

If you play with good teamates, you won't have many revives.  If you don't go down often, you won't drink many perks. 

I did not get my shotguns until I passed 200 k/d ratio.

Kills to down has a significant role in ranking up. 

Ok we'll tell me this... Can you unlock special abilities while ranking up on zombies? I have a friend that played and got his stats reserved on zombies but unlocked a ability where he revives like he has quick revive but he doesn't have it. So it's like he prestiged or something and then got a quick revive ability. IDK what happened its weird

Still stuck on skull with knife, my stats are now:

Kills - 85120

Downs - 520 (kdr-163.6)

Deaths - 300 (kdr- 283)

Accuracy - 128% (Bullets fired 425814 - Bullets hit 545379)

Headshots - 27287 (33%)

Gibs - 104480

Perks - 895

Doors - 819

Distance Travelled - 1537

Revives - 1554

Grenade KIlls - 2543

I have made it to round 51 on Tranzit with 4426 kills and 2 downs. I going to keep at it until I get a kill/down ratio of 200 or more to  see if I rank up.

Kills: 107116

Bullets Fired: 671667

Downs: 1364 (K/D = 78.53)

Revives: 2620

Grenade Kills: 3935

Headshots: 34903

Deaths: 493

Gibs: 92466

Perks: 1929

Doors: 511

Accuracy: 0.69

Miles: 1514

I got skull with blue eyes, trying to get the dagger through the skull. hopefully im close b/c ive been consistently getting 150+ K/D ratio in grief. grief is pretty much i play 90% of the time. i think i ranked up when i first got the game by playing grief so i should be able to get the dagger if i keep playing grief i hope.

Just got my shotguns

Kills - 102839

Downs - 595 (kdr 172)

Deaths - 341 (kdr 301)

Accuracy - 1.40 (472078 fired 661348 hits)

Gibs - 123426

Headshots 32% (33420)

Perks - 1056

Doors - 958

Grenade kills - 3420

Revives - 1688

Distance - 1827 m

Did everybody that replied with their stats using the CoOp stats only (not versus or career stats)?

NO one really knows pal. Most people think a KD of 200 gets you shotguns. WHile that may have worked in the past, it sure doesn't apply now. My kd right now is 207 and Im still at the knife rank (for 4 months now) with an average game going until the low to mid 60's in rounds. I always play to at least 7000 kills, and I don't take downs often. I can tell you that if you have been playing for awhile and have more than 200 downs, you will probably have to kill thousands of zombies to increase your kd ratio. That being said, since you've been playing for a while now, you could start a new profile and start your stats over to maintain better stats next time around. Ive got a buddy who did this, and last month he got shotguns at a kd of 93 with only 13000 kills. Good luck though, Ive given up on the ranks and simple play for fun.

My stats are

kills 235549

acccurace 166

headshots 46

revives 2172

2310 doors

perks 1425

grenade 10391

miles 2487

downs 1137

i have 51000 kills 200K/D still not on shotties

It is NOT based on "total" DOWNS, or k/d.  If fact, your k/d can be 50 to 5000.  Also, I'm guessing you are giving me career kills and not co-op.  Just answer 3 simple questions and ignore all trolls which will be hard because this forum is loaded with them.  If you answer the 3 questions, I'll have you at shotguns in a week if you are close, or a month if you are not.

1. HOW MANY Co-op Kills do you have?
                                            2. HOW MANY Co-op DEATHS do you have?  (notice...I typed DEATHS NOT DOWNS !)  Deaths is the symbol of a coffin with the skull on it.
                                            3. How many tally marks do you have and how long have you played with at least one tally in "game hours"  approximately obvious.

You are probably pretty close, but you need to post the info so I can get you right to it.

Do you want to rank up or not?

I'm guessing 175 deaths...so not too much longer.