Error connecting to Online Services

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Error connecting to Online Services

Hello. I bought CoD Ghosts 1 month ago. Today i just couldnt connect to the Online Service in Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer.

I tried restarting my internet router and things like that, but i just cant manage to play the game. I bought CoD Black Ops II today and i have the same error.

I really would like to play the game again

Level 1
9 REPLIES

Re: Error connecting to Online Services

in reply to Birnenfisch

Is your xbox live account still active?

Level 6

in reply to Birnenfisch

If you have an xbox one, then sometimes if two profiles are signed in then it might not be able to connect to the cod ghosts servers as it takes to much time to loads two xbox live accounts

Just sign out the account you are not using

Hope this helps!

My youtube channel: stateLawwr - YouTube

Level 1

in reply to stateLawwr

Hate to be a party pooper.

But you are not supposed to advertise youtube channels.

Community Forum Etiquette and Guidelines

In short, if you feel the need to link a youtube video that has relevance to the topic / creates discussion.... no worries.

But straight out advertising is a no-no.

You may want to delete your link, otherwise a mod will do it for you.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Birnenfisch

What console are you on?

What is your NAT type?  (console NAT and also in-game NAT)

Have you configured your router in anjy way (Port Forwarding, Upnp, using the dmz)?

Wired or wireless.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Birnenfisch

Birnenfisch - you are not the only one with this problem...

All day long I have tried to connect and no luck...

I played yesterday - everything was just fine - nothing changed and today, I just couldn't get a connection

Tried the online support and they only sent me the existing documentation which I had already gone through with no results

I see a defcon 5 status, but it makes no sense - PS3 connects fine to the PSN, I even run an internet testing successfully and every now and then I try again and for the past 6 hours, not a single chance to get live

day is over, tomorrow is a new day but this is way too frustrating

Level 1

in reply to Birnenfisch

ninja black red estou tendo o mesmo problema com os servidores cod ghosts                    the call of duty:ghosts server is not available at this time. please try again later or visit htt://wwwcallofduty.com/ghosts/status for updates.

alem de vc comprar pagar caro no jogo os serves não funciona isso ocorreu das 09:30 de 06/20/2014     please   arrumem  pois a gente paga pra jogaarrrrr e não ganhamos nada de graça de vcs pois vcs so vendem e sempre acontece isso isso ja passou do limite cod ghosts   =(   cada dia mais um descepção pra gente que gamer.

Level 1

in reply to Birnenfisch

Hi there! You can try forwarding your Ports for both game. Take note, every game has different set of ports which you need to open so that your can connect online. Here is an article about more info on port forwarding. You can also find the specific ports for BO2 and Ghosts there:

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Port-Forward-and-NAT-FAQ/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3ACa...

Level 16

in reply to Birnenfisch

Well what I know is, this has to do with ports, is that every game that connects online has preferred ports that should be opened, I can play like BO2 but not GHOSTS on the same PS3, coz some ports for GHOSTS are closed. You can check what blackrose0125gave you, or check this thread: Achieving Open NAT - port numbers included. Ghosts V2

Level 1

in reply to Wehwehweh

Try Power Cycling your modem and router. You could also try restarting the console and launching the game. Go to Multiplayer and stay in the multiplayer menu for 3 minutes without accessing Play Online. After 3 minutes, select Play Online. Also, you could also check the status for the servers for Ghosts and PSN to check if there are servers issues.

Level 26

Studios