The save file ihas become corrupted (bad checksum)

World War II Support

Wow...I get this too yeah and it is irritating, but if that isnt the definition of petty I have yet to see it

shadowdarkrai

I still have the same issue. Played the game after some month, on veteran, and in the second mission, crash and save file corrupt. 

great

Lechuck1

@UCD_28026954832MrKATdNEIJgKGMz wrote:

Hi,

Turned on the Xbox 1 today to play COD WWII and I too get this issue.

1. Playing Campaign Mode

2. I die

3. Instead of respawning me at the last saved check-point (which was working a few weeks ago), it says "Bad Checksum" and the game restarts

4. Means I have to go through the Menu again, and watch the Campaign Intro video... this is every single time I die now!!!

ALSO: The game now freezes during game play, and the sound skips (like a scratched CD). The game then resets to the Main menu, and I have to go through the above steps.

I only received this game as a bday present in mid November (e.g. 1.5mths ago), and it hasn't left the disc holder of the Xbox since I first put it in. So the disc isn't scratched at all.

I messaged MS help, and they said there isn't anything they can do about it. They said to return the game from where I got it from (but being a bday present I don't have the receipt).

1234kaio

I have the same problem and I can not move forward, please help or make the money back

Cajuac

I have the same issue.  Downloaded the game 20 July 2017.  Can't find the fix.

Papa329

I also have the same problem when playing Call of Duty WWII on xbox one "The save fileihas become corrupte"d (bad checksum)," I purchased the game on line and downloaded it through the xbox one game store. I have searched the web and contacted both Microsoft and Activision and tried their solutions including deleting and downloading and syncing the game.  More frustrating to me is the attitude of the game creators and seller which disregards the customer problems with the game - in that no solution has been forthcoming even though the issue has been reported by numerous customers for some time. 

Papa329

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game today, made sure there was no content reamining on the console, and the probme still exists. My save file on Xbox Live is the one that's corrupt. We need a solution that allows us the option to create a new local save file so we can get rid of the cloud stored problem. I held off on switching to PUBG like a lot of my friends but this issue has done it, I'm not going to keep spending time in COD while a problem like this is ignored for weeks. 

zsyco

I don't know how to reply to the main thread, but I'm having the same issue. At first I had to wait months for the update to fix the restarting issue, and now I'm getting this ***** check sum error. The game is great...when it works. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?? 

Wolfstachee

I love spending my scratch on a piece of crap,WII game..only too play the campaign and read corrupt file. It's a $ 120.00 doorstop. Waste of my time !

Steward13
Steward13
steward666

I faced the same problem last week...so here's solution : 
Open game folder find > player2 folder 
Copy all the save files from that and paste it on your desktop or any folder you want.
Then delete the player 2 folder and start the game and close it. The game will automatically make a new player2 folder. Then copy your old save files which you pasted in this new player2 folder. 
Itz done...Hope this works

greenCSS

Studios