Create2DTexture_PC error%3A GetDeviceRemovedReason returned DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG -- help%3F

SOLVED

World War II Support

Hello!  I started playing COD WW2 on Friday evening (10/03) and it ran great, Saturday (11/04) morning it ran fine.  Sunday morning (11/05) I sign in and was able to play for about an hour and the game crashed reporting a DirectX error.  It locked so badly I had to crash/hard reset my computer.  Since then I have not been able to play the game beyond the splash screen.  My graphics get corrupted, or it just closes/crashes.  I have tried safe mode, normal mode, along with reducing my graphics from 4k (on an admittedly old GeForce 680 GTX) to 1920x1080 and lower to no help.  The game ran great on Fri/Sat at 4K and I made 15 ranks!!  Suddenly come Sunday morning it went nuts.  I've disabled nVidia overlays per some videos that said it might help, but nothing seems to work anymore.  I'm not sure what to do - was an update pushed out Saturday afternoon?  That's the last time I played the game, before Sunday morning.  Any help would be appreciated.

Here's an error screen shot:

COD WW2 DX Error.PNG

DXDIAG availble upon request!

Thank you,

Phil

Frankish_Dux
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I have the same issue with my 1070 ti this is a new card I would say bad update or drivers issue with the game.

OBJECTIVE

I say uninstall the program completely, then reinstall it.  I know that has helped others too.

Frankish_Dux
36 REPLIES 36
Have the same issue, was just playing and this popped up
FallenSaintR

I'VE HAD THIS ERROR TOO??

FilthyBadger

Hey !

I've got the same issue since the release of the game. I'm running on a GTX 680m.

Ramboisanoob

Hey Guys, Sorry for posting again but.. Did you find a solution ? 

Thanks, 

Rambo

Ramboisanoob

I lowered the graphics to 1280 earlier in the week and had no change, but suddenly on 11/08 it ran great!  I was in both Single & Multi and no problems.  Last night it ran great too but I eventually got an error (likely graphics) and it locked up everything.  So I think it's much improved.  I can play a game that crashes...at least I can play it!

Frankish_Dux
Quick update, mainly to see how others are doing. The game crashes consistently. I tend to login to get my points and avoid going any further. When I try to play Single/Multi/Zombie my whole screen goes nuts (colors in bars, corrupted across both my monitors] and I lose control of the OS. It then sometimes causes a BSOD and auto reboot, or I just have to hard reset the computer to regain control of the Operating System. Not pretty, but my video card is pretty old so perhaps this is what i get. To be safe I usually reboot after I get my points. I've tried to play other games and it crashes in a similar fashion as long as I tried playing COD:WW2 first.
Frankish_Dux

I have same kinda error i talked to the support they said they r working on it error.jpg

Slayel2

I have the same issue with my 1070 ti this is a new card I would say bad update or drivers issue with the game.

OBJECTIVE

Thanks Slayel2, I ended up installing Windows on a new SSD and I'm back in game.  Cheers sir!

Frankish_Dux

Studios