Net Neutrality Discussion/Sharing

World War II Off Topic Forum

For some reason the last two links you provided in those posts don't go through for me.

I've seen some media over a year ago about how terrible 5G would be for our health. Personally, I could do without it all together. My cell and data connection is as fast and clear as I could possibly need it.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

I'm glad you said something, or else I'd never know about the broken link. Especially since I'm doing a cut+paste directly into the link icon. Maybe it's because I'm doing it from my phone. Who knows.

Second try.

Edit- it's doing it to me as well now.

Double edit- it works for me now.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

That went through. All I can say is there is a war on for your mind. That link made my lap top crash twice. Smiley Indifferent I used to watch CNN a lot. Then I woke up and don't trust them anymore. Smiley Very Happy Not saying the story isn't credible... but would like to hear it from the source before I form an opinion.

I am really concerned about the health consequences from 5G though.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

This is why I'm hyper-critical of all news media. I don't care for politics, but it seems CNN, MSNBC, and Fox all try to tell you what to think, as opposed to giving you information to arrive at the conclusion they want you to. 

The worst part is, none of their information aligns with each other. This is why I think politics suck.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

First link from 1-25-18 Article.

This link provided context to my little rant. Talked about one of the people on the FCC quitting due to frustrations or something like that. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

This is kinda exactly my point though, these tinfoil hat right wing sites are peddling a lie to people that NN means censorship , they are using it as a means to muddy the argument and its obviously working.

Maccabi Level 75

@Maccabi wrote:

This is kinda exactly my point though, these tinfoil hat right wing sites are peddling a lie to people that NN means censorship , they are using it as a means to muddy the argument and its obviously working.

And what if these aren't lies.. and you're the one living in the upside down world? Censorship is happening as we speak. Once again, I go back to the first sentence in my original post and who we trust. I'm going to side more with free thinkers that question big government than the corporate media outlets that shape the societies psyche.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Not being rude or something but think I'm glad I don't live in the States.

Will have to read a bollocks amount to get a bit of a clue how it will work in the states.

As far as I know the nn in the Netherlands is that providers may not throttle their own clients and or slow down clients other providers that uses their infrastructure.

En we he got more than 10 different providers

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@dtuchpunk wrote:

Not being rude or something but think I'm glad I don't live in the States.

Will have to read a bollocks amount to get a bit of a clue how it will work in the states.

As far as I know the nn in the Netherlands is that providers may not throttle their own clients and or slow down clients other providers that uses their infrastructure.

En we he got more than 10 different providers

yep holland is in eu so under the same very protective and fair nn rules the eu laid out.

yet wierdly in the eu and uk isps dont seem to have any trouble investing in infrastructure or developing new systems, future proofing infrastructure, growing competition between isps  or charging fair prices for consumers ... strange that

Maccabi Level 75

Guess the way companies are run is the biggest difference.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios