"Fix" one thing. Break fifty others.

World War II General Discussion

Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it, but it needs to be said again. How can you patch and fix something and turn around and break at minimum 3 other things?!? Oh and by the way you can't say you "fixed" something when you didn't! *cough cough* Bar! Oh and than you break the FG42?? I mean the gun was decent before, but being able to snipe people across Gustav is ridiculous! Personally I think the only reason this game isn't another Destiny 2 is because the hardcore player base won't stop buying these reskinned games. I believe the hardcore community and casual community deserve better than broken games. If this was released in this state 10-15 years ago this would be unacceptable. Why do we as gamers accept half finished broken games?! I would gladly wait another year for a finished and WORKING product!!

Grimdusk
Likes: 14
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎21-11-2017
7 REPLIES 7
Because we actually remember a time years an years ago when the games ran well. They tell us this game will be different back to the old days guess what buch of useless .........
pmutd
Likes: 190
Posts: 377
Registered: ‎14-11-2017

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Horrorman Level 75
Likes: 3437
Posts: 7661
Registered: ‎14-03-2017

I didn't want to say it before and cause a rage boner, but the real problem is these stupid fan boys! I don't have a problem with being a fan of something however, fanboys are blind to the problems or decline in things and just keep buying. Not to mention the people that purchase micro transactions. Speaking with our wallets will never work when these people have their heads so far up their own asses. 

Grimdusk
Likes: 14
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎21-11-2017

Very true. But you will always find, or have fan boys, who hardly decline all negative things other people telling about their beloved game.

Horrorman Level 75
Likes: 3437
Posts: 7661
Registered: ‎14-03-2017

@Grimdusk wrote:

Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it, but it needs to be said again. How can you patch and fix something and turn around and break at minimum 3 other things?!? Oh and by the way you can't say you "fixed" something when you didn't! *cough cough* Bar! Oh and than you break the FG42?? I mean the gun was decent before, but being able to snipe people across Gustav is ridiculous! Personally I think the only reason this game isn't another Destiny 2 is because the hardcore player base won't stop buying these reskinned games. I believe the hardcore community and casual community deserve better than broken games. If this was released in this state 10-15 years ago this would be unacceptable. Why do we as gamers accept half finished broken games?! I would gladly wait another year for a finished and WORKING product!!


Welcome to the harsh reality of software development. It is like that all the way from NASA, Boeing, and down to the basement outfits. You have tons of issues but product managers keep wanting to release the product/patches "yesterday". Product managers keep pressure on the QA department to give the green lights. Out go something that is not tested properly 100%. Nothing new.

dcr66
Likes: 65
Posts: 239
Registered: ‎03-11-2017

dcr66 wrote:

 


Welcome to the harsh reality of software development. It is like that all the way from NASA, Boeing, and down to the basement outfits. You have tons of issues but product managers keep wanting to release the product/patches "yesterday". Product managers keep pressure on the QA department to give the green lights. Out go something that is not tested properly 100%. Nothing new.


You're right it's nothing new. However, my point is that not to long ago this was not ok. And if a game or any product was released in this fashion it was not ok. We as consumers wouldn't buy their broken product. This work revolves around money and it's very sad. However, I feel that games as not only entertainment but art should be shown more care and creative freedom. OH and there is no real testing anymore. A beta is a free way to test their games AND most gamers are not skilled in game testing. Hench all the bugs. 

Grimdusk
Likes: 14
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎21-11-2017

@Grimdusk wrote:

@dcr66 wrote:

 


Welcome to the harsh reality of software development. It is like that all the way from NASA, Boeing, and down to the basement outfits. You have tons of issues but product managers keep wanting to release the product/patches "yesterday". Product managers keep pressure on the QA department to give the green lights. Out go something that is not tested properly 100%. Nothing new.


You're right it's nothing new. However, my point is that not to long ago this was not ok. And if a game or any product was released in this fashion it was not ok. We as consumers wouldn't buy their broken product. This work revolves around money and it's very sad. However, I feel that games as not only entertainment but art should be shown more care and creative freedom. OH and there is no real testing anymore. A beta is a free way to test their games AND most gamers are not skilled in game testing. Hench all the bugs. 


It is the internal QA that counts the most. Only selected group of people will get be allowed to get on the real beta testings. They may call it "Beta" but it is nothing more than a preview really. The typical responses from the average players are not helpful in pinpointing the issues, way too much "I don't like it bugs" with tons of whining details and not enough detailed info for the real issues.

 

I have been in SuperTesting for World of Tanks Console for 3+ years. I got to see things before they were released. However we are in "User Acceptance test" really. We can voice our comments to the supertest manager and QA BUT very rarely can we alter the course the product managers have decided long ago. We are just testing the features based on the way we play. Usually the graphics issues will be addressed, along with the stats for the tanks. The supertesters comments are way more comprehensive that what the "whiners" provide in this forum. People take screen shots with smart phones and Xbox DVR for reporting issues. Sometime the QAs will direct contact the supertesters to resolve the issues as we test. BTW no kids (under 18) allow in supertest either, no offensive comments or flame war allowed either in supertest.

 

 

dcr66
Likes: 65
Posts: 239
Registered: ‎03-11-2017

Studios