Lag is now more intense than the game.

World War II General Discussion

The game looks good, but no more than any other in the market. However I am now not only playing against obvious cheaters and hackers, but lagging in game that has me bouncing around the map like a ping-pong ball. My net connection is outstanding, but the activision server is not. I have tried every solution offered on the net in order to remedy the situation, but to no avail. Every other game, console and computer connection I use works fine, it's just cod ww2 that doesn't. So it has to go back to you lot at activision. Get it sorted or you can send me my money back. Good game, shame about the mutiplayer. Feeling conned by cod. 

pitkin56
8 REPLIES 8

Not saying the game is having a connection issue but i believe that it is more on purpose, but to make sure go on your computer and go to dslreports.com or you can do it from your xbox1 and ps4, and then run a speedtest choosing the type of internet you got. I dont have a stutter or rubberbanding type of lag or any type of lag but it has been more of a inconsistent gun fights, that i noticed that the top 2-3 players would take more hitmarkers than anyone else and this can be noticed on hardcore. 

Now on my dslreport speedtest i get A+ on everything, my ping test also comes back with an A+, also i pay a professional IT to make sure everything is fine on my end, but not everyone can do this. But go on that website and test your connection just to make sure that it is just the game and not a mix of both your connection and the game. Now i dont trust speedtest.net all that much because i am skeptical about it but you can also check your ping to your local server and see your speeds in a easier less sophisticated way

PrinceAkilleus

Havnt played this week, cba with the lag anymore....  love the game hate the bullsmit.

Raveeeee

Lag compensation is on dedicated server so you are punished for having better connection so you will notice every thing on your end is sluggish give another 2 weeks I’m sure just quit playing cod

Mrsajid

@Mrsajid wrote:

Lag compensation is on dedicated server so you are punished for having better connection

false 

so you will notice every thing on your end is sluggish give another 2 weeks I’m sure just quit playing cod

gotsomestars Level 75

@gotsomestars wrote:

@Mrsajid wrote:

Lag compensation is on dedicated server so you are punished for having better connection

false 

Not saying you are wrong but on the flip side has this ever been proven to be false? I have done a ton of experimenting over the last few weeks and have found when I throttle my connection down it is far more consistent. Just to be clear, when I say throttle, I am still getting the same amount of buffer bloat / jitter as I do at the higher bandwidth levels and roughly about the same ping. For whatever reason by simply reducing the amount of bandwidth available for up and down I get substantially more consisent lobbies in which I see less WTF moments. It feels like I should die when I die and win when I win, at least more often. Even with that, this COD is still the most bi-polar experience I have had in a long time but there might be something to the underlying coding or lag comp algo's that take bandwidth speeds into consideration. No way to prove it but there really is no way to prove this is false either, unlessy you happen to know of anything that completely disproves this.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Play Destiny 2 multiplayer.  Hard to get use to with the jumps, but the outcomes are predictable. I get it when I'm owned...many outcomes results with both of you done. I think COD went passed lag comp and messing with giving weaker players an advantage to encourge them to play the game. EA has a patent on this.

jahMoon

jahMoon schrieb:

Play Destiny 2 multiplayer.  Hard to get use to with the jumps, but the outcomes are predictable. I get it when I'm owned...many outcomes results with both of you done. I think COD went passed lag comp and messing with giving weaker players an advantage to encourge them to play the game. EA has a patent on this.

After playing all CoD´s, I´m getting in any way the same feeling.

Horrorman Level 75

@JahMoon wrote:

It is odd how I often have to completely change my playstyle in middle of many games. Happened in other CODs but this one it seems to be expected.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Studios