COD AI SCAM EXPOSED

World War II General Discussion

Dig a little deeper.  

Not many businesses could stay afloat at 15%gp

Benignantsavage
in reply to Benignantsavage

They release their financials because they're publicly traded.  In 2016 they had a net profit of 14.6%.

https://marketrealist.com/2017/11/activision-blizzards-revenue-profitability-growth

Many businesses operate on margins less than 25%.  Most of the retail industry depends on fall into the holidays to make or break the year.  Hotels depend on local tourist season to make up for red ink the rest of the year.

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

in reply to Benignantsavage

"They release their financials because they're publicly traded.  In 2016 they had a net profit of 14.6%.

https://marketrealist.com/2017/11/activision-blizzards-revenue-profitability-growth

Spoiler
Manyn

businesses operate on margins less than 25%.  Most of the retail industry depends on fall into the holidays to make or break the year.  Hotels depend on local tourist season to make up for red ink the rest of the year.

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE."

Not to go down another rabbit hole but,You are exactly right, they are public and those p&l is accessible.  
If your not familiar with how (big)business report it's easy to get confused by all of the line items which are meant to confuse.

So going by the numbers for 2017 I pulled up, the company had roughly 48% np after dividend payout.  Don't forget who owns the lionshare of stock in their own co..  So add that in and your well over 50%

Benignantsavage
Can you link your source and explain? I wasn't looking at a dense report with lots of hidden numbers.

This seems pretty straight forward. "Activision Blizzard’s profit margins declined in 2016 despite a rise in digital revenue. Activision’s digital revenue rose from 53% of total revenue in 2015 to 73% in 2016. In 3Q17, this figure rose to 84%. However, the company’s non-GAAP net margin fell from 19.1% in 2015 to 14.6% in 2016—way below ATVI’s net margin of 24% in 2011." And yes, I know what GAAP refers to.

Based on this report, they made all of $273M net income in 2017. Just their 4th qtr revenue was $2B, which doesn't support a 50%+ profit margin.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/282740/activision-blizzards-net-income-by-quarter/#0
Q39ESM Level 75

Found a P&L summary, still not seeing these massive profits.  My biggest question from this is: what are they researching and developing?  That budget has doubled since 2014.

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/atvi/financials?query=income-statement

Q39ESM Level 75
Highlighted
in reply to cod-whistle-blower
Agreed. I can play a totally crappy game. With say 10 kills 30 deaths. The ai takes over. Kicks me from the group I was playing with and puts me with less skilled players
I end up raping them. Then the ai puts me with more skilled players. What a bag of crap shg has hanging over players. No more cod for me after this game.
vistacruizer

Ranked play was a different game every time I played in WW2. In search and destroy, I would go from moving efficiently to  inefficiently from one game to another with the same layout.

FofoJammer
I bought it yesterday but I think it sucks wish I could get my money back it too hard for me I like the ps3 better so I one of the poor players you talk of and I can play other games I have over a 1000000 points on BF3 so I guess I 'm not good at ps4 games
DJQaulityblends

Studios