cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cause-and-effect" gameplay

Spider-Man

The game features all-new "cause-and-effect" gameplay, where players will see how the immediate and sometimes unexpected effects of their actions as one Spider-Man changes the timeline of the other Spider-Man. Spider-Man: Edge of Time is slated for release this fall.

We do not know much of the game yet, but this we do. How do you think "Cause and effect" is going to work? Is it a story element, or some kind of a cool gameplay gimmick?

Also, how do you think Spider-Man 2099 is going to affect Amazing Spidey's world? It's easy to understand how something in the present affects the future, but how will it work other way around? Is there going to be time travel involved?

Finlandman
48 REPLIES 48

Maybe. Possibly. I'm gonna say yeah. Smiley Tongue

Optimus_prime12 Level 75

I think it sounds like a gameplay gimmick (a cool one, possibly). I don't know how they'd implement it...but free-roaming may not be possible if they're going for two separate worlds where one has some control over the other.

As for 2099, there might be some crazy technological/magical reason why the future effects the past. Maybe another tablet (hope not...)?

Ryuuie

At the end of the game we see that either one of two things happened such as...

You beat the green goblin and stopped his time controle device, yeah the universe is saved

Or

The green goblin won, now the amazing spiderman must wear a green costume!

You chose to save nightcrawler in mephistos realm

Or

Jean grey seems annoyed for some reason... and on fire

Similar to mua1 where at the end you are shown the effects of some actions at the end you could see your actions effects on other spidermans.

Hopkirkdeceased

The cause and effect seems pretty cool. I hope there is time travel if it is not free roam.

OFF TOPIC: I wonder if Amazing Spider-Man and 2099 Spider-Man will remeber each other from SMSmiley FrustratedD?

greginator5000

@Greg: That really depends if Edge of Time happens in the same Continuity as Shattered Dimensions.

Optimus_prime12 Level 75

Cause - Spider-Man kicks a random can

Effect-can lands in a giant machines engine exploding near a toxic waste dump killing millions

now Spider-Mans on the run for genocide

Spideys reaction - DAMN! DO THEY EVER GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLASSICWERT

Who knew cans were so deadly. :lol:

Optimus_prime12 Level 75

but lets face it that stuff always happens to him

CLASSICWERT

it sounds like Gameplay gimmick, similar to how Omikron Nomad Soul works. or Heavy Rain.

You do something that changes the next scenario.

I like this, would make the gameplay story experience dynamic

blackxino
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer