cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online co-op/multiplayer/create a content- Vote for it here!

Spider-Man

Blackxino, you seem to not understand. Multiplayer just doesn't work for every single game and just because other games do multiplayer, doesn't mean Spider-Man has to have it too.

Spider-Man IS a mostly solo character and there's really no arguing against that. He doesn't have a sidekick and when he works with other heroes, it's not all the time. Spider-Man is saving himself, he has Spider-Man 2099 as his partner and doesn't need anyone else in this game.

It's not about being open-minded or thinking outside of the box (though thinking outside of the box got us this game in the first place), it's about what works for this particular game. Multiplayer just doesn't work for Spider-Man and the last game that did (Spider-Man: Friend or Foe) had to make Spider-Man the best character because of him being the titular character.

Even Rocksteady decided against Batman: Arkham City having multiplayer because they wanted to focus on the single-player experience, not worry about someone else's experience as well.

I am not talking entirely of multiplayer/co op/partner

This topic is mainly about co-op/ multiplayer/ create a content.

Yes Spiderman is a lone wolf but he does make a good team player:

*x men

*fantastic four

*x force

*house of m

*secret war

*marvel ultimate alliance.

I'm not saying Edge of Time needs multiplayer.

like you said not every game needs multiplayer to work.

What if I designed a mode that makes multiplayer or co-op to work?

from your perspective you are looking at: Edge of Time uses Real Time on Time feature, it's mainly about Amazing changing 2099's time line and vice versa.

What if I designed a mode that pitches 2 players in 1 arena but divided in separate rooms.

player 1 needs to defeat lesser enemies so that player 2's room will have weak enemies to encounter?

what if player 1 was tasked to defeat the boss as fast as possible so that player 2's room (version) will reduce multiple boss encounters?

There are MANY ways around creating things to "make things work out".

I can understand that Beenox wants to focus on single player at the moment, giving time lines and deadline by Activition to finish and ship the game. If they had enough time things they wanted to create would be possible.

It's just like Darksiders, I went over the official forum. And saw a group of trolls who would shoot down any topic that ask for co-op. The developers themselves said they would like to do multiplayer but cannot at the moment.

We'll probably see Darksiders 4 with co-op feature.

I know Amazing is trying to save himself with the help of 2099 but I'm not talking about including Co-op Story mode.

What if this game has Create a Content? what is stopping us from having the ability to create a map scenario and share it with others while also downloading their own version?

I believe that anything can be possible, using "xxx works alone" or "this game doesn't work with mutliplayer" is a lame excuse. If developers are giving more times, the impossible you think are not possible will be made possible.

*Ninja Gaiden- Ryu works alone, multiplayer would not work. Sigma 2 debunked that

*inFAMOUS 2- Cole works alone, mutliplayer doesn't work for all games. Create a content was introduced

*God of War- Kratos work alone, multiplayer would not work. Don't be surprise when you see GoW4 have co-opSmiley Happy

Also what's wrong with seeing 3 Spiderman players on screen at once? lol

It doesn't matter anyway since this game is coming out Sept or Oct. Unless Beenox can work on a special dlcSmiley Tongue

Blackxino

The problem with the create a content thing is that this game has been in development only for 1 year. Something like that needs much longer than that. Spider-Man games tend to come out once a year and GOOD multiplayer takes much longer than that.

Now, EoT's multi wouldn't work and I do apologize because I thought you meant that THIS game should have it. Future games could be interesting but they'd need more than 1 year to do it.

However, the next Spider-Man game will most likely be The Amazing Spider-Man's movie game and that will be single-player as well.

Ryuuie

I think that multiplayer doesn't make up for the lack of a good story, collectibles, or replay value. No matter how good the multiplayer may be I won't touch the game if it fails on delivering a good story. Unless the franchise was made for multiplayer I think the devs should work on making the best story they can, which is what Beenox is doing.

alakai117

Don't think we really need a co-op mode for Spidey games. Would seem a bit out of place if not done correctly. If demand for it goes higher than of course, give the fans what they want. But at this point don't see it being prime in a Spidey game. I agree with Alakai, focus should be on good story and other key components.

thespectre

Don't think we really need a co-op mode for Spidey games. Would seem a bit out of place if not done correctly. If demand for it goes higher than of course, give the fans what they want. But at this point don't see it being prime in a Spidey game. I agree with Alakai, focus should be on good story and other key components.

Agreed

Edge_of_Time100

Same here

ShangChi

The problem with the create a content thing is that this game has been in development only for 1 year. Something like that needs much longer than that. Spider-Man games tend to come out once a year and GOOD multiplayer takes much longer than that.

Now, EoT's multi wouldn't work and I do apologize because I thought you meant that THIS game should have it. Future games could be interesting but they'd need more than 1 year to do it.

However, the next Spider-Man game will most likely be The Amazing Spider-Man's movie game and that will be single-player as well.

I guess that's the real problem isn't it? Spider-Man games tend to come out once a year. Never gonna get something amazing or spectacular if it's just a matter of fitting a timeline.

NYCstreets

Nice Spidey puns. :lol:

Optimus_prime12 Level 75

I guess that's the real problem isn't it? Spider-Man games tend to come out once a year. Never gonna get something amazing or spectacular if it's just a matter of fitting a timeline.

Agreed

Edge_of_Time100

Nice Spidey puns. :lol:

thanks Smiley Happy

NYCstreets
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer