cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online co-op/multiplayer/create a content- Vote for it here!

Spider-Man

Co-op in Spider-Man? Play Friend or Foe. Multplayer? I don't even see how that's remotely possible for a game with one hero (or two in this case) and one set of powers. Ultimate Alliance 2 with over 24 playable characters, that works. But Spider-Man is a solo hero, he says so all the time. Thus, the game is singleplayer

Zaxlon

have to admit that I think Co-op would be way better than multiplayer (although, if you addded some of the other characters it MIGHT work). I actually enjoyed FoF, simply because it was Co-Op, and I like being able to game Spidey with a friend. I know he's traditionally a solo hero, but that doesn't mean he won't team up when necessary (with Venom to take out Carnage, for example). I say if they were to write a story where it made snese, then having two Spider-characters (Ben Reilly, Venom, etc.) teaming up could work, and it would be way more satisfying than having an assortment of random heroes with no dedicated control scheme (FoF), or randomly calling Hero Strikes (WoS... what was that all about, anyway?)

NYCstreets

Co-op in Spider-Man? Play Friend or Foe. Multplayer? I don't even see how that's remotely possible for a game with one hero (or two in this case) and one set of powers. Ultimate Alliance 2 with over 24 playable characters, that works. But Spider-Man is a solo hero, he says so all the time. Thus, the game is singleplayer

you need to stop saying that. "xxx is a solo and doesn't need a partner"

It's stupid and if I say this word it might offend people.

so I won't say it.

just don't say someone like spiderman, duke nukem, wolverine doesn't need a partner and they love working alone.

You need to be 'open minded', think outside the box.

Yes if I want co-op or multiplayer I can play those games you listed.

But I'm not paying £40 for a new game that's 8hours long, not enough unlockable contents and only single player.

I'm not rich like you and I hate seeing one of my favourite games have all these features for the same £40 price. So why can't Edge of Time?

Blackxino

right now you're assuming that EoT will not be worth the money you'll have to pay for it, and when you assume you make an ass out of u and me. :lol: Multiplayer doesn't make every game better( assassin's creed brotherhood) and compared to all the soldiers Spider Man is over powered because he can dodge anything and take out anyone in 2 combos. Do you really want a bunch of over powered players in a multiplayer game that you can't hit? I like to be open minded but you still have to stay true to the character.

alakai117

its not about "multiplayer makes a better game" or not.

the purpose is "getting" more out of your money.

I wouldn't mind paying £40 for a single player only game, IF it has memorable amazing soundtrack.

Insane graphics, great story, epic gameplay. All that makes it worth getting it for full price.

God of War 3 is a perfect example. Everything about the game is great, worth getting a full price and it is something every hack n slash/action gamer should experience in their life.

If I'm going to be getting a game like Shattered Dimensions, which is a great game but not on par with GOW3, I'm not fit to pay full price for it. After completing storymode where is the other mode to unlock? At least GOW3 has the arena challenge.

The purpose of having unlockables or multiplayer isn't to make the game better. They are there to make the game last longer or give you a bang for your buck.

Spiderman is not over powered. Even though he is overpowered like you claim. What is wrong with 2 players handling 4 Rhinos? I'm sure you won't have a problem with that.

That is being "single minded" and not open minded.

Open minded is thinking positive and being more creative. Not negative and saying, "this will not work" or "spiderman is overpowered and doesn't need this or that". Being open minded will help expand and idea.

Like this topic, it isn't all about online. Its for Create a Content/ Co-op / Multiplayer. Which one would people have?

After Dante's Inferno, everyone was bored with the game. Thanks to Trails of St Lucia we could play co-op and create maps.

Blackxino

Blackxino, you seem to not understand. Multiplayer just doesn't work for every single game and just because other games do multiplayer, doesn't mean Spider-Man has to have it too.

Spider-Man IS a mostly solo character and there's really no arguing against that. He doesn't have a sidekick and when he works with other heroes, it's not all the time. Spider-Man is saving himself, he has Spider-Man 2099 as his partner and doesn't need anyone else in this game.

It's not about being open-minded or thinking outside of the box (though thinking outside of the box got us this game in the first place), it's about what works for this particular game. Multiplayer just doesn't work for Spider-Man and the last game that did (Spider-Man: Friend or Foe) had to make Spider-Man the best character because of him being the titular character.

Even Rocksteady decided against Batman: Arkham City having multiplayer because they wanted to focus on the single-player experience, not worry about someone else's experience as well.

Ryuuie

Yea spidey is totally not meant to be partnership or team partnership. hes only been in future foundation, new fantastic 4,avengers,new avengers,and heros for hire as team partnerships.and hes only been partners with human torch,dardevil,black cat,venom,toxin,scarlet spidey,iron man,wolverine,venom,ms.marvel,and punisher.

dude55

Yep, and that's why other Marvel heroes showed up in Web of Shadows.

Still doesn't mean he needs co-op.

Besides, I never said he was meant to be solo. Smiley Tongue I said he is mostly solo, which he still is.

Ryuuie

yea hes one of the least partnershipped marvel characters another would be hulk

dude55

Mhm.

Still doesn't mean that this game needs multiplayer. This generation of gaming is just spoiled with graphics and multiplayer...next will be touch-based gaming, mini games, and 3D. Smiley Tongue

Ryuuie
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer