cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online co-op/multiplayer/create a content- Vote for it here!

Spider-Man

If we were ever gonna get it on a spidey game it would be this. Since you have two characters on at the same time, multiplayer might work, but I actually don't care. I just hope they don't shoehorn everything in Edge of Time. Take a cue from arkham city. if something dont work DONT put it in

this, spidey games are rly awesome, and Co-Op mode or not Beenox will decide what's best for SP:EoT. As ck7 has pointed we all hope Beenox makes the right choice.Cause i don't wanne a free roam what if mode and multi player option all in 1 spidey game, that would just mess up the gameplay.

And it may give the game bugs, freezes and glitches.

yep, And i don't wanne freeze in the boss fight or else i would rage quit and throw my ps3 pc or xbox360 outside... D:

SpiderVision

thats a horrible reaction....I mean its just a ga-

WHAT THE HECK Stupid game I moved yet you just stood there and died *smashing sound is heard*

Ahem like I said thats not a good reaction :lol:

christiankid7

thats a horrible reaction....I mean its just a ga-

WHAT THE HECK Stupid game I moved yet you just stood there and died *smashing sound is heard*

Ahem like I said thats not a good reaction :lol:

Mom comes inside, WTH HAPPEND HERE?

me: Uhmm The dog did it :3

Mom: -.-''

btw, ck7

Can you Explain me how the Forum Levels work?

SpiderVision

Well New Recruit is first

then I think is JR sidekick or fanboy

all the way up to SuperHero

they aren't really anything but bragging rights I believe

you earn achievement and can do missions (if NL had some)

christiankid7

Well New Recruit is first

then I think is JR sidekick or fanboy

all the way up to SuperHero

they aren't really anything but bragging rights I believe

you earn achievement and can do missions (if NL had some)

ow oke :3

thx for telling me Smiley Happy

and no missions sucks Smiley Sad

SpiderVision

Co-op could work a number of ways... But I think it's best if they just stick to single player for now, I mean thats what made all the other successful Spider-Man games great!

you're implying that all other Spider-Man games have been great.... I am disheartened.

NYCstreets

I've had ideas for Spidey co-op before, and think that it would actually be really kool. Dunno how easy it is to make that work with spidey's very individual and bombastic movement though. two characters web-swingin around and climbing walls all over the place could get kinda confusing..

NYCstreets

Co-op would definitely have to be online, but the trick is making two Spider-men necessary.

As said, Spidey is a very individual fighter, who moves very quickly and over great distances.

If you did have co-op, would it just be two Spideys picking their side of the room and wacking bad guys until they're all gone.

I mean, that would be fun. Co-op always makes a game more enjoyable. Even the blandest of FPSs are fun with a friend.

And there are so many premises you can use for a co-op campaign.

Black Cat or Goblin could lend a hand.

Or, to avoid revamping game play too much, there's Venom, a clone or an alternate dimension.

It makes me happy to see there is no coop. I really hate it when games that were made for single player brings multiplayer (assassin's creed brotherhood). Focus on single player and make the best story you possibly can. That's my opinion anyway.

I definitly see where you're coming from. Co-op isn't something to be rushed and shoved in, especially at the expense of the single player campaign.

So what I don't get is why more games don't try to experiment with it using DLC.

I mean, sure, games have to play it safe for the most part since they cost so much to make.

But when you've already designed the textures, gameplay etc. Why not design a shorter, smaller, cheaper game as DLC, but try adding a new feature?

Worst case scenario, the feature doesn't work that well, and possibly you loose some money.

Best case scenario, you create a great new gameplay feature. People love it, and they want more. You're next game implements the feature and sells well.

So, using the clone idea (the game taking place within the villains lair), here's a few ways it could work.

Special attacks. Cinematic moves you can do to take down large ammounts of enemies.

Puzzles. Challanges that require you and your partner to solve the laberinth of trials set up by your malicious foe.

And perhaps most important of all, Combo Take-Downs. Imagine a 10 ft robot. Now imagine being able to use L1 and R1 to shoot over the shoulder webbing.

You need it to defeat big enemies together.

One spidey shoots a single webline out, while another punches the machine into it, triping him.

Or while it's attacking one, another flanks him from behind.

Or, both Spidermen firing impact webbing at the robots knees to make him collapse.

Anything that requires an active team effort will really make the union seem worthwhile.

Cartridge

They said no multiplayer thank god.

Co-op on the PS3 with two joysticks that would be great.

Eddie_Brock_VEN

saw one idea I really liked: make a game that is a modified retelling of the clone saga, so that in every level you have Peter Parker and Ben Reilly It would most likely be level based of course, but you can choose which one you play as at the begining of the level, and a friend who also has the game could be the other one over the internet (Live or PSN). This would allow for the same campaign to played single or multiplayer. If that went well, they could release another game in a few years, with a seperate story totally devoted to co-op ( maybe a Carnage story [ though I'm nervous about symbiotes in game] could be used, where the single player is a story in which Spidey has to take down Venom, only to discover that Carnage is the real threat, and co-op allows Spidey and Venom to work together to get at Cletus.

Then there could even be larger multiplaye matches of, say, 8 people, where you can customize your characters, body type, cosume, and abilities, then do versus challenges such as king of the hill, hord combat, things like that.

Split- screen co-op would be awkward with Spidey, but I believe that if devs were willing to put BM:AA levels of care, effort, and attention into their work, we could have some really kool, original online Spidey-action.

NYCstreets
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer