cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is your favorite Spider-Man game developer ever?

Spider-Man

The PC version of WoS is practically unplayable...even after the patch was released. The requirements for the game are VERY high and even PCs that meet or exceed them can't play it well. For consoles, PS3 caught the worst of the bugs (especially in the later levels).

For me, the game was fine on my PC but still suffered from bugs like cars disappearing after you punch them, the sound randomly dropping in and out, and just bad graphical errors. Also, pretty bad framerate drops out of no where.

Also, the Spider-Emblems don't glow in the PC version as they do on 360 and PS3 and there's no explanation as to why this is. Even though the PC version is a direct 360 port.

I understand SMSmiley FrustratedD has a few issues too on PC but I've only heard about them here and not elsewhere.

Ryuuie

I probably encountered more glitches with WOS than SD and Ultimate Spider Man but still WOS is one of the best games ever made

Edge_of_Time100

I vote Treyarch, 3 of my all time favorite games are Spider-Man games done by them, can't vote on those who made one great Spider-Man game (Neversoft and Beenox) then did nothing recognizable as high pitched fun (at least not to me, though I enjoy SM3 on the PS2)

As bad as I found Web of Shadows for all its flaws (not graphics, they don't bother me), I won't say Beenox made a good Spider-Man game unless I feel great fun from Edge of Time, cause Shattered Dimensions is the worst Spider-Man game for consoles, do the exact same thing 2-3 times each level, rinse repeat it for 12 levels. I'm happy that game increased the size of Spidey fans a bit, but c'mon, why such a terrible, terrible overrated game? Why wasn't it done by Ultimate Spider-Man?

The PC version of WoS is practically unplayable...even after the patch was released. The requirements for the game are VERY high and even PCs that meet or exceed them can't play it well. For consoles, PS3 caught the worst of the bugs (especially in the later levels).

I got a patch that keeps controls steady instead the need of setting them up once and again every time

Aziz_Abbasi

I vote Treyarch, 3 of my all time favorite games are Spider-Man games done by them, can't vote on those who made one great Spider-Man game (Neversoft and Beenox) then did nothing recognizable as high pitched fun (at least not to me, though I enjoy SM3 on the PS2)

As bad as I found Web of Shadows for all its flaws (not graphics, they don't bother me), I won't say Beenox made a good Spider-Man game unless I feel great fun from Edge of Time, cause Shattered Dimensions is the worst Spider-Man game for consoles, do the exact same thing 2-3 times each level, rinse repeat it for 12 levels. I'm happy that game increased the size of Spidey fans a bit, but c'mon, why such a terrible, terrible overrated game? Why wasn't it done by Ultimate Spider-Man?

I got a patch that keeps controls steady instead the need of setting them up once and again every time

Everyone has their own opinions on games and I have found that most people that didnt like SD was those that didnt like not getting free roam for the game. I played WoS and hated it. The only Spidey game that I have only really liked has been Shattered Dimensions all of the other ones I have felt were sub par even Spider-Man 2. Yeah, Shattered Dimensions could have had a few more levels but it was set apart from other Spidey games for the fact that you played four different Spidey's and not just alt skins either. Now can the same be said for any of the Batman games?

cable2006

Everyone has their own opinions on games and I have found that most people that didnt like SD was those that didnt like not getting free roam for the game. I played WoS and hated it. The only Spidey game that I have only really liked has been Shattered Dimensions all of the other ones I have felt were sub par even Spider-Man 2. Yeah, Shattered Dimensions could have had a few more levels but it was set apart from other Spidey games for the fact that you played four different Spidey's and not just alt skins either. Now can the same be said for any of the Batman games?

Batman: Arkham City also have the abbility to play as 4 characters and have altrenate costumes. It is longer, and have more improvements than it's first game.

I'm NOT a Batman fanboy. (My favorite hero is still Spider. Smiley Wink ) I have played all the Spider-Man games and Batman Arkham Asylum. And I can confidently say Rocksteady's Batman games still win over any Spider-Man game.

DarthVenom11

Batman: Arkham City also have the abbility to play as 4 characters and have altrenate costumes. It is longer, and have more improvements than it's first game.

I'm NOT a Batman fanboy. (My favorite hero is still Spider. Smiley Wink ) I have played all the Spider-Man games and Batman Arkham Asylum. And I can confidently say Rocksteady's Batman games still win over any Spider-Man game.

I said 4 different Spidermen not alt costumes. Besides for Batman: Arkham City you can only play as two characters in the whole story mode and one of them 10% of the time. The other characters are only in Challenge Maps.

cable2006

Everyone has their own opinions on games and I have found that most people that didnt like SD was those that didnt like not getting free roam for the game.

Most, not me, I don't mind a normal level select game with no open world as long as I can enjoy it (PS1 Spidey games), or at least stomach it

I played WoS and hated it.

I still hate it, and love that you do too

Shattered Dimensions could have had a few more levels but it was set apart from other Spidey games for the fact that you played four different Spidey's and not just alt skins either.

But you do the exact same thing in it 12 times, saving civilians and ask them to do you a favor is a chore when you have to save them. If it lacked those two flaws I'd be more satisfied and less flaming of it

Aziz_Abbasi

Spidey's supposed to save people, you know. Smiley Tongue

Optimus_prime12 Level 75

Everyone has their own opinions on games and I have found that most people that didnt like SD was those that didnt like not getting free roam for the game.

Most, not me, I don't mind a normal level select game with no open world as long as I can enjoy it (PS1 Spidey games), or at least stomach it

I played WoS and hated it.

I still hate it, and love that you do too

Shattered Dimensions could have had a few more levels but it was set apart from other Spidey games for the fact that you played four different Spidey's and not just alt skins either.

But you do the exact same thing in it 12 times, saving civilians and ask them to do you a favor is a chore when you have to save them. If it lacked those two flaws I'd be more satisfied and less flaming of it

This is how it works, Spidey saves a civilian but cant access a door because he doesnt have a code or the proper access that the civilian has, Spidey doesnt have a code breaker machine like Batman does, so Spidey asks the civilian to help him get to where he needs to go. If someone just saved your life are you going to deny helping them also?

cable2006

Treyarch, for their awesomesauce game Ultimate Spider-Man. That's easily my favorite Spidey game, followed closely by Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage, which is followed distantly and equally by Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions.

juicebeast
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer