cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is your favorite Spider-Man game developer ever?

Spider-Man

Obviously some developers were responsible for more than the one example I listed for each of them, but due to limited space, I just chose a single entry for each developer. Also, I figure Ultimate Alliance and MvC can have a spot on the list. They're liberal entries, but they both contain Spider-Man as a central character.

Duecky
20 REPLIES 20

The MVC series and M:UA series don't really belong on the list because they simply feature Spider-Man. The companies that made the game didn't make a Spider-Man game just a game that has Spider-Man in it with basic attacks Spider-Man would probably do in the comics where as the other games oyu listed actually try to BE Spider-Man.

Ryuuie

I know, I just figured there'd be people who would post those then use the "Spider-Man's in it" defense. I figured I may as well nip it in the bud.

Duecky

I only played the treyarch and beenox games so I went with treyarch. I think that adding multiple Spider Men weakened the game in terms of combat. They had to make each one unique so I think they held back on stuff that should've been with every one because it mostly fitted with one.

alakai117

Treyarch becuase thier Web of Shadows was awesome! Free-roming in a big city, two diffferent powers (red and black suits), different type of enemies and most imporatantly abbility to make choices which will affect Spidey's DESTINY....they all made that game, the most awesome Spidey game I ever played.

My second favorite is Beenox. Because, instead of the same 'ol Spidey, abbility to play as 4 different Spideys was a great idea. Hoperfully they'll also make a free-roam game someday.

DarthVenom11

Shaba Games created Web of Shadows, not Treyarch. Treyarch were more of a consulting team than doing most of the developing.

However, Shaba Games no longer exists as of 2009. Activision shut them down, most likely due to the poor ratings on WoS.

Ryuuie

Oh I see. But I guess Teyrach get the credit for it since Shaba isn't in this poll.

I don't know why WoS got so low rating. In my point of view it was one of the greatest Spider-Man games ever.

DarthVenom11

Same here bro. Loved WoS but i guess people didnt liked it cause of exagerated combat and low graphics.

spiderhog

The main reason WoS didn't do so well with fans or critics was because it didn't offer much new vs Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spide-rMan, and Spider-Man 3. It was called a "step sideways" instead of a "step forward". The thing with Luke Cage teaching Spider-Man his own abilities rather than Spider-Man already knowing them was pretty odd to most people and Spider-Man's voice was considered pretty bad all around.

Plus, the game has a lot of glitches and some are exclusive to consoles.

Ryuuie

I encountered glitches even on my PS3 but they werent stoping me from my quest. In Shattered Dimensions were lots of glitches that required me to restart from the last checkpoint in order to continue. That was very annoying but still liked the game more than Spiderman 3 and Web of Shadows.

spiderhog
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer