Call of Duty: WWII Ranked Play will kick off with Season 1: The Placement Season starting tomorrow morning at 10AM PT on PS4 and XB1! In Ranked Play, players will be matched up with opponents of similar skill and compete in 4v4 matches, also known as 8s, in game modes like Search & Destroy, Capture the Flag, and Hardpoint with eSports settings enabled. Winning a match earns points towards being promoted into the next tier. Losing a match, or forfeiting by leaving the game, will result in a penalty by loss of points. You’ll have until the end of Season 1 to play matches and be promoted through tiers before the placement season ends, setting up your first skill based tier placement going into Season 2.
Ranked Play features seven tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Masters, and once players are in Masters, the top 100 players by tier points will be recognized in the Pro tier at the end the season. This year, we have exclusive Helmets that will be awarded as you reach each tier for use permanently in Ranked Play and Multiplayer. For rules and settings info, please visit the Call of Duty World League site: https://www.callofduty.com/esports/story/2017-11/2018_CompetitiveGuidelines.
We will also be incorporating penalties for leaving a match early. The temporary ban policy is as follows:
1st offense: 15 minutes
2nd offense: 30 minutes
3rd offense: 45 minutes
The Placement Season that starts tomorrow is important to establish players’ MMR-based starting tier for Call of Duty: WWII Seasons 2 and beyond. It also gives us the opportunity to ensure that all Ranked Play functionality is solid and delivers the best experience for players. Please note: Initially, party functionality will not be available at the start of Season 1. While the Placement Season is crucial to building our individual MMR player database, we will be enabling parties in Ranked Play soon.
Have fun and good luck to you tomorrow! We’ll be following up with more information about the kickoff of Ranked Play on PC next week.
UPDATE 1/31/18: Ranked Play Season 2 goes live tonight at 9PM PT for all platforms! We’ve made a few changes based on data from Season 1 that we’d like to share with you:
- Season 1 Rewards for the Masters tier top 100 players have been adjusted based on exploit data captured. The severity of those adjustments is dependent on the severity and frequency of exploits utilized.
- Players can no longer exploit the party system to gain an unfair advantage against opponents.
- Players will now earn a flat rate amount of XP based on whether they win, tie, or lose in matches: Win = 8,000 XP; Tie = 6,000 XP; Loss = 4,000 XP
- We’ve made Season 2 placement more forgiving in early matches, and switched to continuous placement, rather than just dropping players into the middle of coarse tier-buckets.
- Regarding community feedback on unranked players in matches: We’ve taken steps to keep unranked players out of upper tier matches as much as we can, but inevitably, players in lower tiers are going to play with and against unranked players. Unranked players need to play against ranked players both for placement accuracy and to keep modest wait times for new players.
Remember, your stats reset from Season 1, so you’ve got a brand new slate. Helmet rewards for Season 1 will start to be distributed soon. Look for a separate update on that from our channels.
For reference, here is the ruleset we follow in Ranked Play: https://www.callofduty.com/esports/story/2017-11/2018_CompetitiveGuidelines
So grab a teammate and start ranking back up tonight at 9PM!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
© 2017 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision and Sledgehammer Games are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights Reserved.