cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost islands don't start on iPad Mini

Skylanders Lost Islands Forum

Upon downloading Skylanders Lost Island this notice comes on my iPad when I open the game: "Retry Download. Kaos is at it again and has caused a problem with your download. Please check your connection and ensure you have enough storage space on your device." I have a 100Mb connection and I've 4GB storage space left. Please help! Thanks

Highflyer2008
13 REPLIES 13

I have seen some posts that said a hard reboot fixed this error. To do that, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. It will restart the device. Then try your download and install again. I hope that helps.

go_licpgm

Thanks for trying to help me out.

I did a hard reset, emptied the cache, uninstalled and installed again the game, got even more space free, forgot and connected wifi again... all to no avail :-/

Highflyer2008

Bummer. OK, I found this post several times for this message as well:

1. Un-install and re-install the app.
2. When you are prompted to log into your Activate account select No.
3. Start a new local file by selecting Play alone.  This will take you through the tutorial.
4. Once you complete the tutorial, log into your Activate account.

If that does not work, then post work country you are in and I will try to find a local number for Activision Support for you.

go_licpgm

Yeah, when I searched I stumbled that solution as well. Problem I don't get near that. Immediately after installing and opening the app it looks like it's trying to download additional stuff and shows "content downloading: 0.0%" in the upper left corner - and never shows anything different from 0.0% because the reported error keeps popping up, even after a zillion "retry".

Highflyer2008

I'm in Portugal, BTW.

Highflyer2008

Have you tried turning on Airplane Mode, then start the app? If that allows you to get past the "Content Downloading..." message then you can go back to the settings and turn Airplane Mode off and then log into your Activate account. If that does not work, you can try to reach their support team with: Portugal +351 308 800 626.

go_licpgm

Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately in that case the error title is "Internet connection required" and it refuses to proceed... :-/

I'll reach them through the number you provided. Many thanks!

Highflyer2008

Darn it...I was hoping that would have worked. Please let us know if you are able to reach support and if they are able to help you out.

go_licpgm

Did you resolve this issue?  We're having the same problem on our iPad.

LucMassot
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer