cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skylanders 2018

Skylanders Imaginators

Hello, Today i have a topic that is too much overlooked. Lets face it, skylanders are falling. Down the hole of forgotten games, however there is a solution. Us, we are the motives of skylanders, we need to bring it back to life. Skylanders is becoming something its not. How you may ask? 

Take a look at Imaginators, a great game in my opinion except for one thing, your imaginator doesn't look like a skylander!

2016 was the worst year for skylanders, 2017 was terrible, but we can fix it. we need to raise awareness, make this the new game.

I mean come on, bringing the toy to life. Genius! But their dying, and fast. We need to show Activision, Toys for Bob, and the world what skylanders truley is.

The Plan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to re-imagine imaginators. Take a look at the different skylanders, they are usualy full of color, unique, and thick ( as in there art style i.e. their arms, face, torso, so on so forth, arn't skinny.)

and there texture is like a matte, not shiny, not like the old games where the textures look like pixels.

Imaginators has you creating clones of the same character, think about it, the water element will always have the three same moves, the fire element, the light, ect.           The weapons are all the same, just slight reskins.

the artstyle and texture look nothing like a sky lander, they look like a old character creator, your charactor is not cartoony and trys to hard at being realistic.

I need your help, I call it project Gardian

What we need

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to get a really good/ decent and devoted character modler who can model cartoony character while also keeping it real( the right person will know what I mean), we need an artist who sees the world in a different light and whos head is always in the clouds, we need a young coder/physics pro who can make things work after the artist make them.

and lastely we need devotion, we are not creating a game here we are Re-Imagining it

I hope you see my vision,

ThxRenagade              contact me at multivrs@outlook.com (dont worry i check it often)

XRenagadeX
23 REPLIES 23

hi, im cheyann .im a college student and I have some ideas, I have been wanting do work with the Skylanders company. do u have a Gmail

so I can send what I've drawn?and maybe I can help. I've always wanted to help Skylanders ever since it came out.

sagecg

I have a female  character name sage I made her my self from some stuff I found in the store 

sagecg

IMG_20180130_124307.jpgSAGE

sagecg
Don't mind it, but it's quite rough(sorry)
AceOminous

Please do away with the limited distance you can travel away from your playing partner ...please incorporate a split screen similar to legos dimensions or Disney infinity, maybe make it like plants vs zombies garden warfare online (MULTIPLAYER ONLINE).

Buzinezzman1

Hi,

I love the spirit and enthusiasm of your post, and I as much as the rest of the Skylanders commuinty and toys to life in general want to see Skylanders return.

However I don't think your idea is the way to go , it is my belief you could hand a complete design document ,designed down to most intricate detail, and Activision would not act on it.

Why, because at this present time they [Activision] do not believe it would be profitable for them at this present time to release another Skylanders game.

Not only had the general consumer become toys to life 'fatigued' , toys for Bob has clearly been very busy remaking the Spyro trilogy, and do not forget the mess the general "toy" industry is in currently, Toys R Us left and massive hole, in the a certain part of the toy industry, and it affects a brand like Skylanders greatly. 

And forget Toys R Us had exclusive Skylanders products for years, Toys R Us have special deals exclusive items I'm not just Skylanders but even special collectible some places like diamond Selects.

As I said Toys R Us left a big hole.

If we want another Skylanders game we as a community have raise awareness that we want the game. Sure we can give them our ideas I suppose but the end of the day Activision do you make a I'm sure he will come up with the theme for that game themselves.

We need to start petitions, flood the forum posts asking the next game, send emails to Activision asking what their plans arethats they way to build awareness ,as it has been for bringing back lots of other forgotten brands.

Basically make Activision and the whole internet aware that's Skylanders is seriously in demand, and the people we talk too the general consumer we have to get them excited as a community, as Activision already have us hooked as soon as they release the game, but to make it profitable ,given the cost it takes to release a new Skylanders game, they NEED that General consumer to buy into Skylanders again not just us.

Then on top of this Activision needs to work out at the ideas to get the toy part of this game in front of consumers, I'm sure they could make a deal with Amazon for example but there's nothing better to get people wanting a product then if they can see and hold it in front of them, so they need to find somebody else. Walgreens does not have the space, and I doubt Walmart would dedicate a whole wide shelving area the Skylanders, so GameStop perhaps do they have the space either? I'm sure GameStop would support it very well but some shops have very tiny.

I'm not sure what are the retailers in the States there are that could support Skylanders on the scale it needs, I am in the UK so without Toys R Us .. we have ;

GAME - pretty much gamestop for the uk

The Entertainer- a mud sided toy retailer, can get quite behind and the latest items, can get greedy if certain items are selling well.

SMYTHS TOYS e as big as toys r us but nearly , and they already have a giant Skylanders section..... Sadly it's all on clearance at very low prices and still sat there.

So the UK is quite well supported, but as illustrated with Smyths Toys Skylanders are not selling.

so while we have space to support Skylanders in the UK im not sure about worldwide which is what matters.

So we come back to Amazon again? , this could work, it's not the same as having the item in front of you, but it's still the best Avenue they have to get people at leasr seeing the product. As well as getting it into the stores your county's have, and Activision it's the make those deals with those companies to really give Skylanders the push it needs.

So PROJECT GUARDIAN 

(I think you spelt Guardian wrong in your post by the way, I'm sure I have loads of spelling mistakes, but that's quite a big one you might want to fix.)

If you wish project guardian to succeed, I strongly believe in the points I raised above.

Raise awareness get ppl excited for Skylanders again , get them excited with your ideas your passion and love for the franchise.

Make those petitions, send those emails, and flood those forums, and remind the potential customers (and Activision for that matter) what made Skylanders great in the first place.

May project Guardian succeed, and let's hope Skylanders return.

-Fox 

Greyfox-X
Good words
AceOminous
Grey Fox is right. My three portals are useless enough, and my 113 skylanders are just sitting in a display case. I would gladly create unique characters for this, since i have been for 13 years, but keep oldies in.
AceOminous

Skylanders is a great platform game with a great story. It also has some very unique characters all with their own abilities. But for me that's where the problem lies. There are too many characters. We don't need 15 new different characters every time a game comes out. I understand it's a toy to life game but that novelty as worn off. I just want a new game where I can use my 90 characters, 1 of the 4 portals I have and jump back into skylands and help stop Kaos from whatever new plan he has come up with. The game is where your money and future lies. 

BlRDIE
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS