cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device not compatible

Skylanders Battlecast Forum

I have an android samsung galazy grand prime. The only skylander game I am unable to download is Battlecast and my son got several decks of cards for his birthday.

HELP 

Lmorrow89
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, the Samsung Grand Prime is too old and therefore not powerful enough to run Battlecast.

The only options I can give are to pick up a more recent device (it needs to have at least 1.5GB of RAM, if Android), or to learn how to play with the physical cards themselves.

Also, Battlecast is being phased out at the moment, with the beginning of September being the final shut-off date, meaning that you'd have to learn how to use the physical cards, or just as a collection, anyway, if you wanted to continue playing after that cut-off date.

Bisylizzie

I have never played, so how would I find the rules/directions on playing with the physical cards, since my son has gotten several decks- he's only 7 years old and I would hate for them to go to waste.

~ How would I find the rules/directions/regulations?

Is the game like pokemon? Like the card game?

Lmorrow89
Highlighted

I've not properly dabbled in it, but I believe it's similar - though instead of having 60 cards to a deck, you only have 33, and of those only three are Skylanders characters (the rest being abilities/gear/relics/etc) - those three Skylanders start "in play" at the beginning of the game

instead of energy cards, you need to randomise crystals to be spent on using cards (getting a number picker to pick a value from 0 to 2 will work), and Skylanders basic attacks (the number in a red circle in the top-left corner of their card) don't use any crystals (and you can only use one basic attack a turn)

might need a notebook or counters or something to indicate how much health each character has left, once all three Skylanders on one side run out of health, the game ends - and also how many crystals each side has available to use

for deck-building, you start choosing the three Skylanders, then add cards based on the Skylander/their element

anyway, so in play, you start with the three Skylanders out (to use a Pokemon comparison, one being "Active" and the other two "Benched") At the beginning of each turn, the player gets their crystals (random between 0-2) and draws a card from their deck (not sure how many to start with at the beginning, seven might work, but maybe four is a better number)

you can play as many cards from the hand as you want per turn, as long as you have enough crystals available (once you use them, you have to wait for them to recharge), you can use the active Skylander's basic attack (once per turn) and/or swap the active one with a benched one.

most(all?) of the cards have text with their abilities on on them, so they should be easy enough to use... cards played only apply to the active Skylander, each skylander can only have one piece of gear active at a time, and each player can only have one relic active at a time (relics have their own health, can be attacked and are knocked out when it goes to zero) - using extras replaces the one placed earlier.

running out of deck cards? I think you Shuffle the discard pile and reuse it again, until the end of the game

i believe that's the basics? You can always simplify parts (for example, instead of keeping count of each player's crystals, only using one card that costs crystals each turn)... there's status effects, too, but I'm not sure how they work

Bisylizzie
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS