March Community Spotlight - Iceman833

Modern Warfare Remastered General Forum

badge.png

The Community Spotlight showcases those who are found helpful within the Community Forums or the Activision Ambassador Program. 

The Activision Community Team chooses the recipient, and the beneficiaries of this honor are featured within the community and awarded a care package for their contributions.

This month’s spotlight has been a member of the Ambassador program since 2015 and is currently #1 on the Ambassador leaderboards.

-

Image uploaded from iOS (37).jpgQ: Tell us a little about yourself.

A: My name is Bret, I’m 24 and I’ve been a gamer for as long as I can remember. My mom got me into gaming at a young age, and is even a gamer herself. The first video game I played was Super Mario on the Super Nintendo. It’s one of the greatest games there is, with tons of hours of game play. My first online gaming experience was with Call of Duty 4. I remember playing for hours with my friends from school. I was hooked!

Q: Would you mind explaining the origin of your Ambassador name?

A:  I played basketball in middle school and the name Iceman was given to me and just sort of stuck, all the way through till present day. The number 8 is for Dale Earnhardt Jr’s old racing number, and. The number 3 is for Dale Earnhardt Sr. I had to add another number, so I went with another 3.

Q: What are some of your favorite games, and what makes them your favorite?

A: Nascar , Need For Speed ,  and dirt are a few of my favorites, mainly because I love racing. Nascar itself got me into racing games way back on the original PlayStation. Currently, my favorite single player game is Assassins Creed Origins, and my favorite multiplayer game depending on the genre would be Call of Duty: MW2 or Dirt 3.

Q: Do you have a favorite Call of Duty title? Do you have a favorite game mode?

A: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  is my favorite COD game by far. It has the best kill streaks, weapons, and game play. My favorite mode is hardcore team death match,  it has always been my go-to game type.  Overall, I’ve had had more success in hardcore and at one time I was even ranked 26th in hardcore tdm on Call of Duty: Ghosts. For the most part I’m a multiplayer fan but there a lot of good campaigns out there

Q: Besides helping your fellow gamers, how else do you spend your free time? Do you have any hobbies?

A: Gaming and listening to music are what I do mostly in my free time. I listen to rock and metal, but I can listen to just about anything. Metallica, Pantera, Disturbed , Avenged sevenfold , and Bullet for my Valentine are a few of my favorite bands.  I also enjoy watching Nascar and collecting funko pops. I’m at 75 and counting, and my favorite would have to be the Crash Bandicoot chase variant.  I’m also a big ban of The Walking Dead.Image uploaded from iOS (38).jpg

Q: Do you have pets?

A: I have five dogs, three of which have been in the family for 13 years, and two cats. They are extremely playful. Taz, Max, and Snowflake are my outside dogs while Dominic , Ryder , and the cats midnight & Molly are inside.

Image uploaded from iOS (35).jpg

Q: What has been your greatest experience in the Ambassador program? 

A: Attending the 2016 Ambassador summit at COD XP, for sure. Meeting my fellow Ambassadors and Activision staff, not to mention experiencing my first plane ride was an overall great experience and I hope to be a part of something like that again. I got a bunch of swag, got to see Snoop Dogg live, and finally got to meet everyone. It was an awesome experience.

NathanVH.jpg

Q:  You’ve held the #1 spot on the Ambassador leaderboards for a while now, what drives you to be so helpful?

A: The community and the Ambassador family is what drives me the most. As a gamer, it’s always nice to have a helpful community around when you run into an issue, and I’m glad that I can be a part of that and help other gamers and Ambassadors.

Q: What guidance would you give other Ambassadors on being more supportive within the community?

A: If you run into something you don’t know, don’t be afraid to ask for help. We’re here to help each other out. Also, take your time, be patient, and do the best you can. Respect one another.

-

Congratulations @Iceman833! Thank you for your continued support and positive presence in our community.

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Studios