mw3 controllers

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

mw3 controllers

I recently bought a new computer and I bought mw3 a few days ago. Being a lifetime console man I heard that you can hook up your 360 controller to your pc and play mw3. So I did. WOW! I sucked. I was an excellent console player, but not on a pc. My aiming constantly was not were is should be, I kept sweeping past my target, and when it was on them I was dead before I could pull the trigger. Is there any controller that works ok for this game? I can get the mouse part down fine, but the left hand is not used to pushing a bunch of keys, and to be honest, I'll never remember them. Any help would be appriciated.

Brian

PS. Don't give me crap about how console guys suck, just answer my question if its possible.

bmill25
3 REPLIES

Re: mw3 controllers

in reply to bmill25

Really, drop the console. You will never do as well as you will with the keyboard. May as well start now. In the end, you will be glad you did, and it won't take long to get used to it. You don't have to use the standard setup either. I use a VERY non-standard setup and the other end of the keyboard. I keep all five fingers on important keys and my palm is another one, so that's 6 keys that are instant... I don't have to lift a finger to activate anything important. You can't match that speed with a console.

cheaterssuk

in reply to cheaterssuk

Agreed! Thumbs ain't great at fine work, left or right handed!. ;-)

Edit:- My thumb is used to jump, it's a simple task.

Message was edited by: onefourseven

onefourseven
Highlighted

in reply to cheaterssuk

cheaterssuk wrote:

Really, drop the console. You will never do as well as you will with the keyboard. May as well start now. In the end, you will be glad you did, and it won't take long to get used to it. You don't have to use the standard setup either. I use a VERY non-standard setup and the other end of the keyboard. I keep all five fingers on important keys and my palm is another one, so that's 6 keys that are instant... I don't have to lift a finger to activate anything important. You can't match that speed with a console.

What he said: Why limit your self? you now have 103+ keys at you disposal, to map any way you like. I have used the same mapping since before the first COD (exept now i have no need for my lean keys, and i keep thorowing betties when i want to throw nades: mabye now you'll understand why the POC (PC only community) is so upset, about being limited to console like controls)

Anyway: You now have the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what are IMPORTANT keys to you.

Like B@tMan (A.K.A.cheaterssuk)

I'm left handed (mouse in left hand) and use the curser keys to move, and ctrl, shift, enter, delete,end, home, and my number pad for everything else. also I invert my mouse (I pull back to look up, push to look down; my choice) and set then sensitivity a little lower the default: (when I stop moving my mouse I expect me sight to stop also).

Oh, I almost forgot: You also might want to invest in a good gaming mouse (mine has 10 buttons; (I only use 5 now; as I have no use for lean) but you get the jist..

One very valid reason POC (pc only community) rejects console controllers, is that we don't need any HELP from the game.( I.E. auto reload, picking up weapons, jumping etc...and what you might call "aim assist" we call an aimbot.

In short if you really want to enjoy the PC experience; take the time to learn how to use normal peripherals; you will find it much more fulfilling. (You will remember them like the tips of your fingers [pun intended] in no time at all)

Poison_pawn POC

PoisonPawn

Studios