Youtube Videos and Links to Videos are Prohibited

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I think the announcement at the top of the forum has it best. I should work on the wording, but it works.

- Don't ask us to like, comment on, subscribe to, or view your YouTube content. We aren't here to to boost your internet-nerd-famous status. We do enjoy original content though! Share with us, don't farm for numbers and ratios!

Moderator Moderator

"comment on"... I think that part should be removed.  People looking for legitimate feedback/discussion of a video should be an accepted practice.

But the rest of it... 100% concur.

PeteyLew

Jus_call_me_J

Why is you tube linked with MW3 ? I'm sure a lot of money was passed over the table for this deal so why would you not be allowed to share vids on the official forum?

smokesdope

smokesdope wrote:

Why is you tube linked with MW3 ? I'm sure a lot of money was passed over the table for this deal so why would you not be allowed to share vids on the official forum?

Its called advertising. YouTube (Google) shows you adverts when you watch, people paid them to do so. End of story, has nothing to do with MW3 as the service is free... more content means more ads which means more money.

7_

I've suggested before to the mods that members should be unable to post a video until they have either (for example) been a member for a while, made a significant number of posts, or something along those lines.

I do get annoyed by people who repeatedly post the same video and/or just join this forum to bump up the number of hits they get on youtube.  These people take no part, they don't comment, get involved in discussions and on the whole the videos do nothing to help, inform or improve this forum, most are garbage montages that have been done so many times before.

There are some superb videos on here such as from ElMatadory but the vast majority are from members who engage, discuss, get involved and have been around for a while.

obzi

LOL - you talking about the Ninja defuse guys.  I swear their head is full of coal.

ghorman

ur allowed to post videos just not ask for likes and subs

ghostsniper2010

honestly, i am just sick and tired of seeing this forum spammed with QS montages. there was a time when i couldnt be on here for 1 week without seeing a QS montage once a day during that week.

and if that means that it cuts people off from posting other montages like the ninja defuse or something like that just to make it fair, then so be it. because technically, the QS montages are all spam anyway. its the same thing being done, just different person.

KT Phoenix

Can't you just not click on the thread?

Why all the fuss about this?

PeteyLew

Studios