Will they patch that BS Snipers Insta kill?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Being a sniper is supposed to be about having the ability to place shots with precision. Those who choose to use snipers should be forced to aim for the head to get one hit kills.

That being said, I personally don't think that sniper rifles have any place in Call of Duty games and I would love if snipers were taken out of the series.

sml7285

sniper real life 1 hit kill get over its a game

bigganja18

bigganja18 wrote:

sniper real life 1 hit kill get over its a game

No it's not necessarily. Don't make blanket statements on topics you obviously know nothing about.

sml7285

Allowing only headshots to be OHKO would quite honestly make snipers absolutely useless.  I understand this wouldn't bother you judging by your second paragraph, but it isn't something that is likely to interest the majority of the playerbase or, more importantly, InfinityWard.

Still, you make a point about the Call of Duty series not really having a place for sniper rifles.  They do seem a much more viable selection on Battlefield where the maps are larger and lend themselves to finding a nice secluded spot to settle down.  That said, surely with the maps being much, much smaller in this game, the use of a sniper rifle is much more skill dependent, provided you don't get lucky with quickscopes.

billyredrup
Highlighted

faster reaction?faster than a yoctosecond?plz tell me how.

Victor-714

You said it yourself, ITS A 50 CAL. try getting shot with one in real life and see if you take more than 1 shot.  The bullet is the size of your finger.

itz_jumbo

itz.jumbo wrote:

You said it yourself, ITS A 50 CAL. try getting shot with one in real life and see if you take more than 1 shot.  The bullet is the size of your finger.

If you want to make the "realism" argument:

A .50 Rifle weighs 30 lbs minimum. I'd love to see a person try and accurately shoot a 30 lbs rifle in an upright position.

If you required all snipers to be prone before they could shoot, I'd be all for automatic OHK at all ranges.

sml7285

thats the .50 cal but other rifles such as the MSR which has much better stats than .50 cal other than damage only weighs in excess of 15 pounds. Its a video game where you role play as a soldier fighting to kill enemies in real life scenarios. there is a reason its called modern warfare and not halo.  Sniper rifles should be one hit kills with out question.

itz_jumbo

i feel that snipers arent op at all u just need to higher ur reaction time that u shoot before them.i feel that free for all makes it the easiest to get your reaction time.

cF_GriiMzz

I used to place at cash tournaments for CS1.6 and BF1942 before I quit gaming on pc. I promise my reaction time is plenty fast enough.

As it is, the sniper rifles are the only guns that can kill a large group of people in a short amount of time. They are also equally strong at short and long range. That's a huge balance issue.

Imagine how ticked off people would be if shotguns had a slug feature to one hit kill at all ranges. Now imagine if you could slap on a scope on that gun. That's what the sniper rifle currently is.

sml7285

Studios