Will all playlists be available in Hardcore...?

SOLVED

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Objective games have very different tactics between the two... HC DOM is very fun and Demo with the right settngs works well. Vahn from BO even changed his mind during play tests.

... keep asking via this site and Twitter.

MOARhardcore MHCGM

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I would much rather prefer a just no HUD, Mini-Map type of playlist rather than hardcore. I hate the friendly fire, because well you always will get douchebags eventually and that ruins the overall fun of HC.

And the reason they don't have the same treatment as core is because not all of them play very well in HC.

deathracerchevy

What i'm saying is that those gametypes dont play well in HC when you play them with a "core" mentality.  Blindly rushing a dom point in a HC dom match wont be fun or even work well for you, honestly i'm not sure why people think its fun in core.  You end up just shooting bullets down range into an endless stream of tacticless flesh dummies.  Or lobbing explosives at a cap point all game...Obviously that style of playing in HC wont be fun.  But when you take a game like dom or demo and apply HC to it, and put HC players in it...the game changes.

Like I said before, just give the players the ability to choose if we want to play it or not.  The game and maps already exist.  How hard can it be to add the gametype to the playlist.

bobodon

Apparently very hard. Oh I am aware that you can't go in to HC playing like it's core. But some game modes drag out unnecessarily. I frankly love HC, but there are a bunch of game type flaws and matchmaking flaws to make me want to consistently play it again.

deathracerchevy

I hope so.  I exclusively played hardcore until Black Ops, but with their TK = kick rule, and the lack of game modes, I was relegated to Core.  Domination just isn't fun when it's a constant brigade of wildly, randomly thrown grenades.  Where's the fun in that?

Hardcore Moshpit in itself is a huge plus.  I can't see why that was overlooked in Black Ops, but I hope MW3 has it.  The best way to keep someone interested is variety.

Also, please no Treyarch "team kill = kick" rule. The amount of idiots that team kill on purpose are such a small sample, as opposed to the proper 6v6 games that turn into 6v2 because a party member accidentally pressed the grenade button, or spawns flipped their team right into their napalm, or whatever.  That leads to the rest of the party backing out to pick up their booted comrade, which leads to the game ending or such a lopsided game that it's just not fun for anyone left.  A respawn timer, much like COD4 and MW2, is punishment enough, and doesn't wind up ruining the rest of the game for everyone else as well.  I've noticed that this is a Treyarch exclusive and the Modern Warfare series hasn't had it, and I hope it stays that way.

smikers

smikers wrote:

Hardcore Moshpit in itself is a huge plus.  I can't see why that was overlooked in Black Ops, but I hope MW3 has it.  The best way to keep someone interested is variety.

.. keep asking via this site and Twitter.

#MOARhardcore @MHCGM

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

tweet from Guy Beahm

"hardcore is very prominent in MW3. Can't go into specifics just yet..... Unfortunately"
what could they possibly be waiting for, we've seen the game...whats the hold up, unless they really just dont know yet.

bobodon

Just noticed that... and with my boy LiamMcLovein. Full convo from my twitfeed...

LiamMcLovein Liam Warner

@GuyBeahm doesit have #MOARhardcore though? It's been asked withoutanswer countless times, I think it's the right time to start answering

12 hours ago

GuyBeahm Guy Beahm

@LiamMcLovein hardcore is very prominent in MW3.Can't go into specifics just yet..... Unfortunately

12 hours ago

LiamMcLovein Liam Warner

@GuyBeahm thankyouso much for replying #someonecares can you confirm #HCDOM? Or if there is more HC game modescompared to previously?

12 hours ago

GuyBeahm Guy Beahm 

@LiamMcLovein those are the specifics I wish I couldshare... But not yet. #sorry

12 hours ago

LiamMcLovein Liam Warner 

@GuyBeahm okno worries, when can we expect these specifics?

12 hours ago

@GuyBeahmGuy Beahm

@LiamMcLovein hmm, good question. Not sure how weare rolling out these details yet. TBD

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

i think when you go to choose a match from the party screen, first option "Core" or "Hardcore"..... from there the screen changes to all the game modes. It would be fair if the lists were even for both

JUST GIVE US THE CHOICE

reigndell

I am pretty sure demo is gone for core and hardcore but if we play enough hardcore dom in private matches and get the community to vote it up on elite then they will put it in the game but i do agree that they should put every game mode in hardcore they have enough room to put sabatoge in Black Ops and I have never seen it with more than 2000 people in that playlist

codyw7

Studios