So, how can my stats in game change so drastically from day to day?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

So, how the heck do my quality of games change so drastically playing at the same time, two consecutive days?

Yesterday

http://i.imgur.com/ANBJu.jpg

Today

http://i.imgur.com/reaxL.png

How the heck does my in game experience change so drastically between two consective days playing, at the same time, same everything except for the dang game...

This happens when I play at night too, just had already captured one of these pictures, so it was easy to cap the one from this morning as well.

Anyone else have experiences like this, with huge swings in their scores?

Note: I checked my pingtest and speedtest results both mornings as I always to before playing this game to make sure my ISP isnt up to no good lol.

Edit: Those are all gun kills btw, so its not a difference of I got a pavelow every match yesterday, and today I didnt get any KS. Im running support on all of my classes, with UAV and Vests only.

deadestllama
13 REPLIES 13

how does it change in the same game, I can be 8-0 then can't buy another kill and end up 10-20

combatamphibian

Yah I hear ya.  My last handful of games I'll start out from 4-0 or up to 8-0 then the rest of the time the curving around corner bullets come out and I can't buy another kill lol.  Some games you do well and others you get drilled.

Hey, if my aim is off and I'm dying, fine.  But there are times this game really makes me scratch my head lol.  What can ya do?

nickpeck36

how does it change in the same game, I can be 8-0 then can't buy another kill and end up 10-20

combatamphibian

The one thing that changes that you seem to be overlooking and what most likely may be the most important thing is the other players. You are playing an online game with other people with different internet connections and different skill levels. Most people have the same pattern when it comes to gameplay, but there are too many variables that effect the outcome of the match. You may have to reset your timing to the flow of the match by adapting your strategy.

twenty620

I played 20-30 matches yesterday of people of varying levels of game time played (judged by prestige levels). Same thing today. Completely different experiences. Today hit detection just felt off. I was getting taken out around corners, and my gun just wasnt killing as fast as it was yesterday.

This seems to be common for this game, but this was an extreme example that I thought I would share.

deadestllama

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with how the game changes especially during a match, but I learned that you have to adapt to screwed up situations. Some games I will start out without a kill the first few painful minutes and I seemed to make choices that get me killed. Choices that I'm normally successful in normal situations. I've found that if I switched my class to better match the gameplay or at least to a class that can shoot down air support that I caused by dying so much, I've found myself back on the winning end of gun battles. My point is that you can't kept doing the same thing when it's not working. Slow down or change strategies and usually the match will go back into your favor. The key is to stay calm.

twenty620

It's lag!  Just rage quit and try another match

zingaa

Or try a different game.

deadestllama

@deadestllama

Yep, exact same comment I was just about to follow up with.  It happens to me too.  I try to just roll with it but it can get bad.  When I notice a game with corner bullets in full effect I find myself shooting at the corner or a wall early in hopes that I can beat out getting killed lol.

Dosen't seem to work to much when I'm the one "behind" but I have won a few of those fights.  Just wish it was "even" for everyone the whole time.  If you have a horrible connection, you shouldn't be allowed in lower ping games, period.

But then again, who really knows what the real issues could be.  I just hope they get a new team to start from scratch on the next games netcode.

nickpeck36

Studios