Prestige Shop and the disincentive to Prestige in MW3...

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I'm a self-admitted prestige whore.

10/55, 10/65, 10/70, 15/50

I'll prestige in MW3... like I said, I'm a prestige whore... but I really think MW3 will make it a lot harder to flip it.

With 80 ranks, weapon leveling, and the huge amount of stuff you will lose and have to unlock versus buy when you have the money (especially perks)... it's going to make it a lot more of a disincentive than any other COD to date.

Maybe the Prestige Shop will offset the disincentive...

• Extra Custom Class
  • Reset All Stats
  • Double XP
  • Double Weapon XP
  • Unlock Gear
  • Challenges 1
  • Challenges 2
  • Challenges 3
  • Title And Emblem 1
  • Title And Emblem 2
  • Title And Emblem

This list only leads to more questions:

• Are these one time only actions?
  • Is it somethign that is only available when you prestige? Or any time?
  • Or do you unlock these as you prestige (limited options)?
  • Does reseting your stats take you back to 1/1 or you do you keep your current rank/prestige and just wipe KDR, etc.?

Anyone?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75
54 REPLIES 54

Hi, RAN!! *waves*

I believe that each are usable once per prestige and disappear with further prestiges.

I think.

greencoffin72

I think it's more of an incentive than ever.

People WANT those extra classes. People WANT those extra unlockables that others have; it gives them an extra sense of accomplishment.

And I think the Double XP will definitely help that extra push too, since it'll make rankings easier. To me it just says "hey dude, come one, prestige- it'll be really easy, I mean you'll be ranking up twice as fast for a while!"

Deleted User

iidarkshadowoo wrote:

I think it's more of an incentive than ever.

People WANT those extra classes. People WANT those extra unlockables that others have; it gives them an extra sense of accomplishment.

And I think the Double XP will definitely help that extra push too, since it'll make rankings easier. To me it just says "hey dude, come one, prestige- it'll be really easy, I mean you'll be ranking up twice as fast for a while!"

You just lose SOOOO many things this time around... I've heard the Strike Packege with perks isn't unlocked until level 80.

I'll do it... but damn.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Remember, even though there has been a lot of information and videos, some things are just still rumors. I think it's based we wait and find out for ourselves to see how the multiplayer aspect will play out.

I'm already sure that the info stating the Perk Strike Pacakge unlocking at level 80 was wrong. At the XP event, where people played multiplayer, all the ranks were around level 30. No one could reach level 80, but there were still players using those perk pacakges. Videos even appeared with that.

Deleted User

This

goodkidcc

I might prestige a couple of times depending on how long it takes me.

silentlightning

i dont think i will. Probably go for all gold guns ha

motiondk

I might prestige once but its just not worth losing Pro Perks, Levelled Weapons and the equipment you wont have. I enjoyed it in black ops for about 5 prestiges but after that it became a drag to get to 15th and i wont be doing it again.

I hope the rumor is true that you will get prestige shop points by completing spec ops and single player as then i can top up my custom class slots by doing that

alexjt22

alexjt22 wrote:

I might prestige once but its just not worth losing Pro Perks, Levelled Weapons and the equipment you wont have. I enjoyed it in black ops for about 5 prestiges but after that it became a drag to get to 15th and i wont be doing it again.

I hope the rumor is true that you will get prestige shop points by completing spec ops and single player as then i can top up my custom class slots by doing that

Do you have a link to that rumor? That's interesting.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Studios