Mw3 unplayable due to "disc read error"

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

So I went to gamestop yesterday, picked up a new copy of mw3 with some trade ins, started playing when I got home and BAM! Mw3 either freezes or loads the menu with a disc read error message. This happens whether I go to campaign, spec ops, or multiplayer. This problem has surfaced elsewhere and is showing up on ps3, 360 and even PC. Sometimes it plays for 5 or 6 mins before freezing, other times it freezes like 10 seconds in. I'd really like it to work considering from what I've played that the game is pretty sweet. I've tried deleting the game data and updating to the 1.03 patch. So far its still not playable... and its really pissing me off. What should I do?

Postal101
18 REPLIES 18

Yeah, erm, take it back?

If it is faulty your statutory rights allow you to return it for a full refund, regardless of whether it has been opened or not.

Paulington

Well yeah, but gamestop just keeps throwing me new discs with the same error. It can't be my ps3 because I've only had it for several months since my Xbox died. And all my other games work great. Ill probly just return it and get skyrim or saints row the third... this really sucks

Postal101

there should normaly be a code with the error. type it into google, with mw3 behind. then you should find what's wrong. or you could contact activision support.

also, play this game while you are not signed into PSN. see if it works or not. could be quit possible you somehow got a copy for another country. it happends, when i do, you get that stuff.

check on the side of the box. ( smallest side) and look for the BLES code.

they use the same coding for a continent its shipped to.

(example: BLES:0023)

it it doesn't match the same code for the continent your living in ( guess that's north america) then you should make a PSN account with the the country you have the game from ( sounds complex i am)

xXxRyderxx

if you are on PS3 try the rebuild database and restore file system from the recovery menu.

Dexter1992

If you've purchased multiple copies, contact Activision Customer Support.

http://www.activision.com/support

Moderator Moderator

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THE DISC READ ERROR OFR MW3 ON PS3 ACTIVISION FINIALLY ADMITTED THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE LATEST UPDATE AND THEY ARE WORKING ON IT TO RELEASE A NEW UPDATE TO FIX BOUT YOU HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW

ahyatt

This is exactly whats happening to me now. The disc is perfectly clean. My ps3 is perfectly clean. My ps3 reads ALL other games and will play Cod 3,4,waw,mw and Black ops ALL without a hitch. I constantly get disc read error message when i try to play.

Things i have tried.

1. carefully clean disc with very soft cloth.

2. cleaned ps3, made sure no dust build up along any vents.

3. Inserted MULTIPLE dvds, CoD games, music cd etc.... All play with no errors.

4. Ran the restore file system option, to no avail.

5. Returned and replaced disc.

Surely by trial and error anyone with half a brain can see that this is not a system issue, but a game one?

I___JSD___I

yep, same deal for me. Worked fine 3 days ago, now my PS3 won't recognize it... but it recognizes everything else I throw in the disc drive such as Black Oops and movies...

schneider50

FIX PATCH THIS "DISK READ ERROR" FOR PS3

Dirty_Maineiac

Studios