Matchmaking patch and what it does

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Here is what i found on XBL, look at it however you want.  Bouncing Betty, i now get to run past them and watch them go off a few seconds later. Claymores same effect, walk over/past them, go a few feet and watch them blow.

IMS is pretty cool now as well, usually i see it go off i am dead, now i can run past them and see how they work with out dying.

My favorite is shooting someone as they are running and my aim is 2 inches away from them as they run ( auto aim keeps it off the target )

Hit markers are now random ( waits for someone to make a "beat" youtube video ), get two hit markers then nothing for a few shots, another hit marker, a few more shots, clip is empty, your dead.

This is incredible! The same issues only different versions of it.

Zolite1

oops.. last I read it was still in the works (edited)

I hope it gets better for me... Did this patch come out last night? (I never turned on my PS3)

RLBL

It updated for me last night and I had played the night before.  It was hit or miss for me finding a lobby that worked.  I had to restart my system at one point, but overall I had some good games for the first time in a couple of weeks.

dannytanner17

Oh that sounds encouraging! I'm going to update when I get home.

RLBL

Made mine slightly worse I think.

Had 3 bar connections all night (normally get 4 bar) except the games I was hosting and of course, got host lag.

GigityGigity

I used to only join 50ms lobbies.  I recently started only playing in 75ms ping lobbies and find I host and suffer lag less often.  I left one game due to respawning in front of the enemy about 6 times in a row, and had a few WTF moments, but I had a fun night gaming overall.  One night isn't much to go on though, time will tell.

dannytanner17

Have you tried today.......I spent 2 hrs 11am - 1pm playing in the worst lagging games in months.I have full bars 99% of the time today it changed to 3 bars 99% of the time.My connection and set up haven't changed so ?????????

KillGoblin

Not yet.  I work and have kids.  I won't be getting on until about 10pm EST.  That really sucks to hear.  I keep holding on to a little bit of hope that IW will actually fix something in this game since it has so much potential, but I'm only let down.

dannytanner17

I got a few good games, very little lag then connection to host lost and then major lag time

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 72

All these patches were mainly placebo, hell the game played better on launch day as it had a regional lock for the first week. Matchmaking seems pretty random, I find it hard to find a lobby full with 4 bar players, unlike in mw2 while it was in its prime. These devs have no clue. You're only as good as your hit register & the amount you get compensated..

Snipingdbag

Studios