I keep joining servers that are half way across the world and rarely join servers nearby- lag is terrible!

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I keep joining servers that are half way across th...

Hi,

When I first got the game, I was in the US and everything was fine. Now I came back to my country in the middle east for the summer and I still seem to join either American or European servers, my connection becomes terrible and it lags. There are lots of middle eastern servers but I can't seem to be joining them. I was just lucky once when I was in a party with a friend in the US and it joined a middle eastern server, the connection was perfect with no lag at all! it only happened once though then it kept joining european servers and the lag returned.

Is there any way I can force it to join nearby servers? my internet connection is pretty fast so thats not the problem, and I tried playing but the lag is just too much. This only happens with me I got friends here who don't seem to have a problem in joining middle eastern servers. Thank you.

deserteagle91
2 REPLIES

Re: I keep joining servers that are half way acros...

in reply to deserteagle91

I got the same as you, I live in Puerto Rico, and its always lag, I think a good idea that Activision have to take is that, That people plays in server that are most near their country so people have a good connection and no much lag

Example: If someone live in Puerto Rico so that when you gonna play that you connect to the most nearest server. so that you play without lag and connections problems.

Its so bad when i connect to play and they connect me to an european server. Its an horror, All the lags and the connections problems.

Activision you should act now, before you lose players because your server connections and bad choosing of servers that people connect.

SirChrist123
Highlighted

Re: I keep joining servers that are half way acros...

in reply to SirChrist123

I figured out what the problem was. It was matchmaking me with people who have the DLC pack like me, apparently not many people in my area have the DLC so its not matching me with them. You can try to disable the DLC search, that worked fine with me, you don't get to play with the new maps though, but I take that over the lag!!

deserteagle91

Studios