Hate host? Solution video inside!

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

This will help prevent you from getting host! I never have gotten host since I did this!

MomsKirbyOk
13 REPLIES 13

Feedback please~!

MomsKirbyOk

I have a Netgear router, so the interface is totally different, but I will have a look, though I don't remember being able to have choices to adjust for the MAC address...

jbghah123

Guys, lets all do this. Eventually, none of us will get picked host and in every lobby we'll get a "host migration....." "Lobby closed, host migration failed".

TROLOLOLOLO

padiego

Really Padiego? Come fucking on..I was helping people..

MomsKirbyOk

Unfortunately my DSL/router combo doesnt give me this ability.  No one should have to deal with hosting lag all the time, and its BS to think people should accept it and continue playing so others can have good games.  I didnt pay $50 to be the charity host. People who arent picked to host all the time have no opinion as far as I am concerned.  Its a laggy mess that nobody wants to deal with.  Treyarch needs to fix this issue one way or the other, its currently a crap game for the host.  I have no problem taking my turn as host, but it picks me over and over again, how is that fair?   Its not, I paid the same amount of money for the game as the next guys and yet my experience sucks.  If they dont fix it soon their wont be any quality host left. 

Goodtwin

You don't get it nathan. You found this, great, you found it. Keep it to yourself and tell your friends. BUT DONT GIVE IT AWAY TO THE WHOLE WII COMMUNITY(or a chunk of it). Seriously, if this gets spread around, we won't have any decent hosts left. To be honest, i rather have a 1FPS than to teleport around the map with the one bar connection from african hosts! I been host a grand total of 3 times in this game. Twice, i did pretty decent, once i did great, getting my assault drone and useless choppers. Hopefully this won't get spread around....we'll have nobody left to host matches.....COME ON TREYARCH FIX IT ALREADY!

padiego

i agree, people with good connection need to be host. only listen to this if you live in africa or mexico or something...

padiego wrote:

Guys, lets all do this. Eventually, none of us will get picked host and in every lobby we'll get a "host migration....." "Lobby closed, host migration failed".

TROLOLOLOLO

Howoareu

This method might help you from being picked as host, but it will also make every game you play have more lag because you are setting your system to have such a low priority.

The best thing to do is make your connection as smooth as possible (with port forwarding, UPnP, DMZ, & QoS Highest Priority), and just suck it up and rage quit if you're getting smashed on as host.

By making your connection worse, you'll be making every game worse, not just the hosted ones.

The other thing is, QoS only kicks in when your router is at capacity, so you'll have to set some other things to have a higher priority and have them running while you play. This will definetly show you how much worse the lag can actually get. And if they aren't running simultaneously, the QoS won't do anything and you'll still get host.

DarthBryan

This...^

@OP - Stupid idea and if you have any sense you will remove the video or at least tell people this is not something they should do. Some poeople....wow.

TheDg3

Studios