Collection 1 and elite problems

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Hey guys,

I'm an elite premium member with founder status. I can't download any elite content and collection 1 has been out for a while now. I was pretty pissed yesterday because I wanted to play with my buddies and I thought myself "ok F**k it, I'm buying the map pack cause I wan't to have some fun, who cares about the money". So I payed for collection1, even though I'm a premium member. And here comes the best part: the download content is 108 kb small, so basically the content I bought is nothing at all. Yeah I redownloaded it many times, yeah I deleted system cache, nothing works. This shouldn't happen guys!

LaForce
22 REPLIES 22

I'm an Elite Premium Founder as well, and everything was fine and dandy until yesterday when I jumped on and it read "Piazza Damaged or Lost...DL content to fix..."

When I click on the DL Content nothing happens. Is this also happening for you? I hear that something went wrong at Activision, but haven't read anything about it..

Regards,

Fellow pissed off customer

vTc__Goose

Hey mate,

nothing damaged, but when I press A (on xbox) to download elite content directly from the game nothing happens. That's why I decided to buy collection 1 from the store yesterday, but when I download it, it is only 108 kb small...that's a couple of pixels of one of the maps. Still cannot play them of course.

I see other people having problems and receiving standardized responses from tech support. It doesn't look promising.

Cheers

LaForce

Im with the two of you. I just upgraded to premium sunday. I cannot download any thing. hit A and it just scloses screen. apparently they know about it but its hard to find any updates. if you want faster reaction and updates. get twitter and follow activision support. they put out more info.

UnDeadDad

Well their twitter says "Next Week" and More info today. I've yet to see any new info, and next week? Why has it only affected some of us? What will those of us get for this delay or trip up on their part?

vTc__Goose

When you purchase the Collection, you then download a token (that 108k file). This token allows you to launch MW3, select multiplayer, select the Store option, then select ELITE content.

Please refer to this guide for an easy to follow walkthrough:

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Downloading-Collection-DLC-for-Xbox-360

Moderator Moderator

appreciate you trying to help, but it doesn't work. i cleared system cache, cleared mw3 download content, redownloaded the token, went back to the store, pressed download elite content, nothing happens, pissed.

LaForce

I've yet to try deleting all files associated with MW3, but this may help you.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200418274

Good luck!

Regards,

Roadblock

vTc__Goose

already saw your thread and tried, no use

thanks anyway mate

LaForce

I think it has to do something with the progress (when you start the download).

When you select to buy it (for free when you are premium) then the downloads go into the "wait list". Then you should leave the game and wait until the full package is loaded.

A friend of mine didn´t wait until it was fully loaded and he had the same issues like you!

spkTKay

Studios