Are COD Players REALLY that stupid?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

One time I joined a game that two of my friend's were in and joined their party chat. Anways, we started talking an I got an airdrop trap. I threw it down, and told them that it was just an airdrop trap, and not to take it. (Reverse Physchology).

Well to my pleasant surprise, BOTH of them went for it, aswell as another guy. One thing lead to another, an BOOM triple kill.

Boy did I have a good laugh at their expense

zman6776

This happened to me The entire team ran past it, I saw an enemy and took a few shots at him, used the package as cover then boom. The only retard on my team grabs the damned thing.

Your average CoD players are pretty stupid though. It's always been this way. It feels like the fan base is getting dumber with every new release lol

Missing_Snorlax

What I think is stupid is standing beside one of the enemy's explosives long enough for a teammate to blow you up.

If you know its a trap ........ get the heck away from it.

Besides, even though its a trap, plenty of teammates use them for bait and rob the owner of kills.So they generally dont make good cover.

atiredoldguy

Lol, I didn't know my teamate was there to begin with. I was in the middle of a gun fight, both of us got hitmarkers on each other so I quickly proned behind the crate. I was going to pop back up in a second but... uhh boom.

Missing_Snorlax

swagger5 wrote:

Hahaha good post, OP. The reason so many of the players go after it is because they are around 10 years old. I saw countless moms at the midnight release. There are too many little kids running around that don't know better.

Sadly it's not just kids.  I've sat at a friends and watched somebody play and we even repeatedly warned him to NOT try to take the care package and he does it every..single..time.

And as a side note I've even been using sitrep and see clearly it's a trap crate, run past it not even giving it a second notice and even saying on mic 'its a trap' only to have some idiot STILL try to capture it.  Personally I got fooled by this -one- time and that's because the enemy team really sold it well...usually it's obvious even without sitrep.

Soth1

The whole idea of the airdrop trap is to get kills off of the stupid/young players. Usually its pretty obvious if there are no enemys going for their Osprey Gunner in the care package its probably fake.

Rookie904

The whole idea of the airdrop trap is to get kills off of the stupid/young players. Usually its pretty obvious if there are no enemys going for their Osprey Gunner in the care package its probably fake. So yes most CoD players are that stupid

Rookie904

When I use a care package (decoy) I defend them so that the other team thinks that it's real!

cdnkilla82

When I use a care package (decoy) I defend them so that the other team thinks that it's real!

cdnkilla82

Yes, most of them unfortunately.

Cs1294

Studios