Anyone know how the scoring works in Drop Zone?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I've just started playing Drop Zone and the scoring system seems a bit irregular.

In one match the end of game scoreboard showed my score as 2820 and I was second on my team, but in the after game stats page I only scored a total of around 1600 points including the match bonus.

Am I right in thinking that only the kills count and the assists after the game as I only managed about 15 but I spent a fair bit of time holding the drop zones.

pj600r
7 REPLIES 7

Score only adds to your overall score and spm, does nothing towards xp and leveling so only way of leveling in DZ is by getting kills and completing challenges.

CRA1G1690

So those 20XP points you get for holding the Drop Zone don't add to your character XP?

What if I'm holding the zone and earn a Care Package, but my teammate takes it, do I still get character XP for sharing the package?

SweetInsanity

Yeah its really messed up, figured out after a few days that it is only 20 score and not 20xp towards leveling, you can finish with 5000 score and 10 kills but the guy with 20 kills and 1000 score will gain more xp towards leveling and as for the CP that will go to xp, just the dropzone score that doesn't count to xp and the reason everyone only goes for kills, when I realized this I gave up on the mode.

CRA1G1690

Well apparently the new COD will have Drop Zone. If it's true, and if they add it to the main playlist, maybe we'll get XP for holding the zone then.

SweetInsanity
Highlighted

I still go for the 20 score because that's how you win the game holding the DZ, but I can see your point about people just going for kills.

I noticed in one game I only got 8 kills but I was 3rd on the overall score for both teams, one guy got 27 kills but was near the bottom because as you said he was kill whoring.

Might have to rethink my game choice again, I stopped playing Team Defender for the same reason that I was the only one interested in getting the flag.

pj600r

To be honest I never really check the score at the end of the game, I just presumed it all got added to your total, I normally just skip the stats pages.

I only check when I'm close to the next level on a gun or a prestige level the rest like the accolades doesn't interest me.

Thanks for the answers guys now I know.

pj600r

this is the difference between XP and score earned.If you look it is the same after every game on any mode.

codchamp1

Studios