Another redundant discussion about Call of Duty Elite age limits

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Here's a tip. If you only want the DLC, then create an entirely new xbox account, then use cod elite on that, and put the age above 18, then you can get the DLC's without paying for a new xbox live gold membership, because you can still download games and map packs on a xbox live silver membership, and you can access the DLC on your other account.

B_Assassin

right about now i dont care about the dlc's or the clan organizer i just want the explusive in game titles and camos and etc.

asianpandabear

Okay... There is only one problem. All of the other people in my situation, including me, had already redeemed the code before finding out about the age restriction. I do not think that they allow people to transfer subscriptions from one account to another.

On the plus side, I have recieved the winter camo and the double experience hours that were said to come with the elite subscription. I hope that I will recieve the future DLC and access to both the website and app (when they are not breaking down so often).

lil_rascal96

I'm still not able to access the console app, but I put my 1-year prepaid membership card in before I found all this out and it never did anything until last night.  Now I have the titles and emblems for being a ELITE Founder and having a membership, yet I'm still not allowed to access the console app due to the "This account is not eligible for Call of Duty Elite" thing.  I hope this gets fixed soon.  I'm not sure if it's because their website is being maintinenced 24/7 or what, but I'm expecting that they are fixing it as we speak.

renegadeblade

Just another group of peole who couldnt even investigate what they purchased before giving out the cash.

You dont even HAVE to read the TOS. Its on the main elite page. You must be 18 to SIGN UP for Elite free or premium service.

starbuckfrack Level 72

ELITE SERVICE NOTICE

Latest update: November 11th, 10:05PM PST

As we continue to keep everyone updated on the steps we’re taking here to get more of you into Call of Duty Elite, we are aware that some users have been denied entry into the service once they have input their age. We recognize that in regions around the world player age requirements vary. We are happy to say that we have identified some solutions to this issue. Our team is working on the technical changes required, and we expect to announce the details soon on this change. Meanwhile, if you purchased MW3 and were not able to register for Call of Duty ELITE, we wanted to make you aware of this pending change, and we thank you for your patience.

We remain committed to taking all of the necessary steps to increase our capacity for all our users. The Call of Duty Elite team will keep you updated at callofduty.com/elitestatus. Continue to check back here for overall Elite status or for a complete list of FAQs, check out our customer service site. We will also give you updates regularly through the official Twitter account, @CallofDutyElite.

We’re working around the clock 24/7 to resolve things, so thanks again for your patience.

gallp13

i agree this is ridiculous if i had know that it was only for people 18+ to use i would not have bought the hardened edition if infinity ward will loose me and many other customers.....

irishclan

In the uk the BBFC rating is enforced by law.

Penalties

The penalty for breaking this law can be a fine of up to £20,000, up to 2 years imprisonment or both.

So a parent can bye the game and then give to their child.

But I.W, Sledgehammer, Activision cannot sell something rated 18 to somebody below that age. Which they can find out by checking the age on peoples accounts, as it is the account holder purchasing it.

If they did sell to underage, they would go bust. As all the fines and jail time would be huge, CLANK.

b10gg5

Penalties

The penalty for breaking this law can be a fine of up to £20,000, up to 2 years imprisonment or both.

But I.W, Sledgehammer, Activision cannot sell something rated 18 to somebody below that age. Which they can find out by checking the age on peoples accounts, as it is the account holder purchasing it.

If they did sell to underage, they would go bust. As all the fines and jail time would be huge, CLANK.

b10gg5

Penalties

b10gg5

Studios