Another redundant discussion about Call of Duty Elite age limits

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

@CalumW08

You sir, just won the best reply of the year award.  You hit it dead on the money.  I'm 16 and I couldnt give a crap less about the dumb contests.  I just want my Founder status benefits.  Plus, when they go to send you the contest prizes if and when you win a contest, they would find out whether or not you're 18 anyway wouldn't they?  I would seriously advise Activision to remodel the site to allow under18 users or they can face a lot of potential lawsuits.  They may not win, but it will forever screw over their reputation with its fanbase.

renegadeblade

Lawsuits over in game camo? lol

KuroNico

Yes and no.  The camos are in the category of bonuses that come with the game and we all want those bonuses, so therefore the lawsuit is in a way over the in game camo.  Furthermore it wouldnt be over the camo it would be over the unfair marketing on the bonuses that come with the game.  There are many people who just lie about their age when they make accounts on things, just like a lot of my friends.  And they do it because they know stuff like this will happen in some form or another.  I tried to be the honest person and give my actual age, and I'm basically getting punished, while my friends who lied about their age are getting rewards and benefits from things that they shouldnt be getting as well.

renegadeblade

Oh well?

By your logic, people should be able to sue because they're under 18 and couldn't get a copy of MW3 without a parent, yet their under 18 friends could get it because a game store employee let it slide.

Props for being honest, but there's nothing you can do, at least not right now. relax and enjoy your game, it's good even without Elite.

KuroNico

Yeah the game is amazing without ELITE, I just would much rather not have to have wasted my money.  Thanks for what help you gave.

renegadeblade

FIRST of all you cant sue or join in a class action suit if you are under 18.

SECOND you cant sue if you are over 18 and this did not affect you .

So now it leaves the people who WERE affected that just turned 18.

Judge to plaintiff. Did you read the TOS BEFORE giving them your money.

Plaintiff: No.

Judge: Did you read the disclaimer on the bottom of the Elite page.

Plaintif : No.

Judge: Did ANY employee of Activision promise you that you can sign up for Elite.

Plaintif: No

Judge: The Defendant did have disclaimers on their websight in multiple places. The Plaintiff failed to investigate the product or read ANY Terms before purchasing the Elite package.

I find the defendants not guilty. I find the plaintiff to hereby pay the legal fees associated with this case due to the failure to not only read the Activision Terms of Service but as well as the Microsoft Terms of Use.....

"Certain games, content offerings, features, services or events (for example, sweepstakes and tournaments) that are available via the Service (“Third-Party Features”) may contain additional terms, codes of conduct, or guidelines that govern your use of those Third-Party Features ( collectively “Additional Terms”)."

The plaintiff has fail to read and wasted the courts time on assumptions. The plaintiff must also pay the courts fees.

Congratulations Plaintiff you have now created your first payment plan which will follow you until paid off in full.

I know it sucks but you really should investigate further before you give out your money. And hold yourself responsible for assuming just because someone else didnt intervene.

If you went in and bought a game you ASSUMED was for the Xbox 360 and the guy didnt ask you ny questions. It would be your fault for assuming.

No where in the law does it say you cannot PURCHASE the code from Gamestop or whatever.

starbuckfrack Level 72

@renegadeblade

Exactly, major flaw in the system, anyone can lie about their age, so from what they know they could be giving a prize to a so called 24 year old, but instead they're actually only giving it to a lying 10 year old.

Anyways, I seem to be able to use all of the Elite site, but not the Xbox 360 app.

I hope they actually consider my obvious fix to restrict the contests and social networking for under-18's, but allow them to use the rest of the site/app

-Cal

CalumW08

This is genius, but I still would like to be able to join my friends' clans and stuff. Just keep us under-18ers out of the contest stuff and perhaps make the social networking invite-only or something like that.

Maustron

You sir are a GENIUS cause most teens dont care about the contests unlike the fatties like kuronico who switch there age and the mlg fatties. And all i want is my free maps and if you look in the legal agreement it has a section about parents purchasing Elite for there children. And at gamestop they warn parents about purchasing mature games and what not but where was the warning about call of duty elite. And i have seen kuronico on other threads nearly identical to this one. And Callum i Completely agree with you.

WrEkAgE13

You sir are a GENIUS cause most teens dont care about the contests unlike the fatties like kuronico who switch there age and the mlg fatties. And all i want is my free maps and if you look in the legal agreement it has a section about parents purchasing Elite for there children. And at gamestop they warn parents about purchasing mature games and what not but where was the warning about call of duty elite. And i have seen kuronico on other threads nearly identical to this one. And Callum i Completely agree with you.

WrEkAgE13

Studios