Another redundant discussion about Call of Duty Elite age limits

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Hello, I have seen a plethora of similar discussions rotating around this forum and the rest of the web as of today, and they have lead me to write this thread. As for me, I am a fifteen year old currently residing in the United States. Regarding to the last sentence, please don't criticize me for being this age. Earlier today, I had bought a copy of Modern Warfare 3 and a subscription to the Call of Duty Elite service mainly for the free downloadable content. After redeeming the code given to me on the receipt of the purchase, I tried to sign into elite on my Xbox 360. It then gave me a message claiming that I was too young to join Call of Duty Elite. Before that point, I had no knowledge that there was an age limit even after reading several discussions about it. First of all, what parts of Call of Duty Elite make it unacceptable for a younger person to use? Also, there is no way one can deny that there is a sizeable amount of young people that play Call of Duty. For example, at least half of the teenage boys in my community have one or more Call of Duty games on either a computer, Playstation 3, or Xbox 360. In addition, there are already people under the age limit who have lied about their age are able to access this service. Why should people like this be able to use it and not people who correctly stated their age?

Is there any other way to sign up to Call of Duty Elite? I do not like to spend fifty dollars and have nothing in return for it. If there is no possibility to gain access to this service, is it possible to get a refund for my money? Please respond with helpful comments instead of insults and slander. And please do not say, "This game is rated M so you should not be on it anyways." It is impossible for one to know how mature someone else is if they do not know them personally.

lil_rascal96
71 REPLIES 71

I liked what you wrote. And I hope you dont mind: mapmodnews.com

claireclaws

Here's the thing. The FAQ for Elite has always been out there. The terms and conditions say you have to be 18; probably because of the contests and State laws. It has nothing to do with Maturity levels. If you didn't want to read, but just click through and think everything is going to be fine, that's your own fault. You're out 60 bucks.

allyn75

SO WHAT IM GETTING FROM THIS IS THAT THEY WANT TO STEAL OUR MONEY. HERE IS A LIST OF THINGS THAT THEY SCREWED EVERYONE ON.

1-THEY NEVER TOLD ANYONE THAT THERE WAS AN AGE LIMIT.

2- SCREWED EVERYONE THAT IS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ACCESS THE APP ON THE XBOX/PS3.

3- WE CANT ACCESS THE COD ELITE APP WHICH MEANS NO FOUNDER STATUS AND NO MAP DOWNLOAD AND MUCH MUCH MORE.

4-NO REFUNDS

5- WILL NOT TELL THE POEPLE THAT PAID FOR THIS FEATURE A EXPLANATION FOR WHATS GOING ON.

6- NO ESTIMATED RETURN OF ELITE.

IF YOU LOOK AT 99% OF THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY COD THEY ARE AT LEAST AGES 6-17 YOU NEVER SEE ANYONE THATS 18. AND ALSO YOU NEED A PARENT TO COME AND PICK UP THE GAME FOR YOU IF YOUR UNDER AGE. SO WHATS THE PROBLEM? IF THEY DONT WANT US PLAYING THE TOURNAMENTS DONT ALLOW US TO ENTER TOURNAMENTS ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. COD SAYS THY ARE BETTER THEN HALO BUT CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE BUNGIE.NET NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS ON THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY HAD NO AGE REQUIREMENT. SO COD GO TAKE A LESSON FROM BUNGIE. AND FINALLY THANK YOU COD FOR STEALING MY WELL EARNED MONEY $60. I USED TO LIKE YOU GUYS BUT NOW IM NOT FEELING THE SAME YOU GUYS BETTER FIX THIS ISSUE OR THERE WILL BE PROBLEMS. OR AT LEAST STOP TAKING MONEY FROM US AND REFUND THE PEOPLE THAT ARENT ABLE TO ACCESS THE APP.

maskedman321

SO WHAT IM GETTING FROM THIS IS THAT THEY WANT TO STEAL OUR MONEY. HERE IS A LIST OF THINGS THAT THEY SCREWED EVERYONE ON.

1-THEY NEVER TOLD ANYONE THAT THERE WAS AN AGE LIMIT.

2- SCREWED EVERYONE THAT IS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ACCESS THE APP ON THE XBOX/PS3.

3- WE CANT ACCESS THE COD ELITE APP WHICH MEANS NO FOUNDER STATUS AND NO MAP DOWNLOAD AND MUCH MUCH MORE.

4-NO REFUNDS

5- WILL NOT TELL THE POEPLE THAT PAID FOR THIS FEATURE A EXPLANATION FOR WHATS GOING ON.

6- NO ESTIMATED RETURN OF ELITE.

IF YOU LOOK AT 99% OF THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY COD THEY ARE AT LEAST AGES 6-17 YOU NEVER SEE ANYONE THATS 18. AND ALSO YOU NEED A PARENT TO COME AND PICK UP THE GAME FOR YOU IF YOUR UNDER AGE. SO WHATS THE PROBLEM? IF THEY DONT WANT US PLAYING THE TOURNAMENTS DONT ALLOW US TO ENTER TOURNAMENTS ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. COD SAYS THY ARE BETTER THEN HALO BUT CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE BUNGIE.NET NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS ON THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY HAD NO AGE REQUIREMENT. SO COD GO TAKE A LESSON FROM BUNGIE. AND FINALLY THANK YOU COD FOR STEALING MY WELL EARNED MONEY $60. I USED TO LIKE YOU GUYS BUT NOW IM NOT FEELING THE SAME YOU GUYS BETTER FIX THIS ISSUE OR THERE WILL BE PROBLEMS. OR AT LEAST STOP TAKING MONEY FROM US AND REFUND THE PEOPLE THAT ARENT ABLE TO ACCESS THE APP.

maskedman321

Okay, first of all, call of duty elite is fifty dollars. Second, I bought my subscription at a Gamestop so there was not a place where I could read the terms and conditions. I was not very familiar with Elite and was planning to buy the Hardened version of MW3(which includes Elite) instead but none were left. The main reason why I bought elite was for the free DLC. Also, it does not matter whether or not there are contests hosted by elite. It would be better if instead these contests had an age limit instead of the whole website itself.

and @ maskedman32

Please do not double post using all caps. All it does is annoy people.

lil_rascal96

I live in New Zealand and MW3 has a rating of R16 and i am 16. So i legally purchased the hardened edition of MW3 and then i get told after i have bought it that Call of Duty Elite has an age restriction of 18????? how is this fair? im legally allowed to buy the game but have wasted my money because IW made a dumb age restriction on Elite and didnt tell anyone about it untill after heaps of people with the same problem as me have already wasted their money.... if they put the age limit on Elite so that everyone who was entering the tournaments and competitions for prizes then why dont the take the age limit of Elite and make it that the players who are under 18 years just cant participate in the tournaments... because what they have done is just stolen our money and are doing nothing to fix it

bishyboy56

It's hypocrite plus deceiving.

Yes, younger people also buy and play CoD.

Question is:  WHY does XBL let the "to young" play CoD titles?

As they now use the same account-info to block the same group from using Elite.

And where did it say not for under 18 on their promo website and in Fourzerotwo's interviews ?  If it is/was not there, then they must return the money.

claireclaws

FAQ under membership and support http://www.callofduty.com/elite/toolbar/faq people need to read the fine print

con_con18

Just as Allyn stated above, It was stated in the FAQ before the hardened edition was even up for sale. It is also clearly stated on the COD elite page on the Xbox dashboard which you see before you can go to the purchase screen. Finally, the game is rated M, that means 18+

lowlite

Studios