6000+ Players Online and I can't Play w/ A Single One

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I just recently got CoD: MW3 and immidiatley hooked my Wii up and started playing. When I connected it to the internet via Wired Connection, I could play special ops but when I went into Multiplayer, I saw it said 6000+ players online. I excitedly went into Team DeathMatch and saw to my surprise, it was searching for players. I let it sit there and search for about 30 minutes before giving up. Do I need a WiFi/Wireless Connection to play with other people or can it be that my copy being used has something to do with it? My ping ranges from about 90-150 so I don't figure it could be connection. (Unless I am mistaken and low ping is TERRIBLE.) Anyway, if you could help, i'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

GlacierWavesMC
9 REPLIES 9

On Wii, it usually takes AGES to find a match, even if there are heaps of people online. Can't really fix it.

xAgonY99

This is a subjective statement and does not apply in general.

middlemanSI

I would suggest you open ports so you have your NAT type opened and keep your bandwidth clear when you play.

Do you have your MW3 updated to the latest patch?

middlemanSI

Whenever I get one with my wired connection it says NAT: Open and when I use wifi is says NAT: Strict. And yes I have updated to the lates patch, and I can now play with other people online but I HAVE to join a friends game. I can't start my own or find one.

GlacierWavesMC

I would open all UDP ports on the wireless router for my Wii's IP and try to search then. You can find plenty of information on that on the web. I have my wii connected with a static IP that is not in the DHCP range and then forwarded applicable ports.

If your ports are opened and your ping is not sky high I believe it should work. Take care not to create an IP conflict with another device and that your port forwards are not in conflict with what you need to set up.

middlemanSI

But I use a wired connection. A Via-Sat Modem to be exact. I've decided I'll just wait to get WiFi. I think this is more trouble than it's worth.

GlacierWavesMC

Yeah WiFi routers can be bought for like 19€ or even less...

good luck

middlemanSI

check your nat type, if you're on strict that could be the problem. 6000 players? the figures are broken, there won't be that many on there. but it makes no difference wether you're wired or wifi, but you don't need a cheap router, always a good one for better connection

pauly01

6000 players altogether, and I would love to get a router, cheap or not, but I couldn't afford the monthly payment with all the other stuff I need to do.

GlacierWavesMC

Studios