1st topic... Support Package... will it be abused by vets versus help the greenie?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I don't feel it will be abused and I honestly don't really think it can be "abused." I consider myself a veteran player and in Black Ops I play mainly "Support" streaks now in objective based games to help my team win. I'll probably do the same on MW3. On those rare occassions I play some TDM I'll use the Assault package with the Predator to start the chain just like in MW2.

MMartin

I see what you're saying, but the only killstreaks in that list that a high KD player would want to use are the juggernaught and the osprey gunner. The juggernaught, use teamwork, sourround him and shoot at him, he will die quickly. The osprey gunner, the easiest thing in the world, just pull out your launcher and take it out. High KD players will not abuse this strike package as much as you think. A few will, but most of them will use the assault strike package.

roxas3510

Dont think it will be abused by the better players who would imo prefer the assault killstreaks even more so being that there stackable again and would think without a doubt killers would prefer getting a AC130  once or twice a game opposed to a stealthbomber.But i do think the  casual players and objective players that take the objectives over there killstreaks will benefit most out of the support tier and will use it and i can see the better players getting upset by how  user friendly this is. My thoughts is all

nzoldschool

nzoldschool wrote:

Dont think it will be abused by the better players who would imo prefer the assault killstreaks even more so being that there stackable again and would think without a doubt killers would prefer getting a AC130  once or twice a game opposed to a stealthbomber.But i do think the  casual players and objective players that take the objectives over there killstreaks will benefit most out of the support tier and will use it and i can see the better players getting upset by how  user friendly this is. My thoughts is all

I think it's going to be harder for peeps to get them... not impossible... just harder.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Apparently they do reset on death, only if you don't get a kill or a point during that life. So you need to get at least one point per life. This is what I have heard, not sure if it is true.

what does the juggernaught actualy do to make you better? is it explosive and bullet protection?

bigdaveau12

My only question is will it reset after you've gotten all of the killstreaks. If not then you can always just change classes.That way it'll start all over again.

tymillz102

To my knowledge, yes, once you have used the thre... it resets.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

if you're worries about the air support just run sam turret. Or have a stinger class at the ready.

alfie0536

yah agreed, i can see some newbies just getting absolutely owned with support.. People say theres not much in there that can get you kills, HOWEVER blackbirds alone if they're alwayz up, you're going to kill faster with the gun anyway, despite those open maps where chopper slays, kill feeds are a lot faster with the gun, and a gun can always hit you inside...If deaths dont set you back then make blackbird 20killstreak, otherwise a full team will have all their BBIRDs within minutes...

"osprey inbound" not something you wanna hear 5 times in a row when you're 2-26 early in the game, hoping that its not blackbirds or AC130's. Dashboarding is going to be crazy in mw3 because of support!

juniord0ssantos

Studios