Modern Warfare Remastered

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Does anybody else find it extremely irritating that i cannot buy MWR as a standalone game? They make you pay for IW and on top of that an extra 20$ to even get MWR. Better yet, try and return the piece of trash that is IW. Can't play MWR anymore. They are just trying to get money without even taking people into consideration. Shame on you Call of Duty.

TriNational
41 REPLIES 41

Has it's own Forum and this has been discussed numerous times. Search tool is your friend, and this argument is played out.

The game is released as bonus content, some of the best bonus content we've ever seen. Because you don't like the idea of IW doesn't make it 'trash', as none of us have played the final game. I can understand why folks aren't excited about it for sure. But be rational.  You want MWR? The only way to get it is to get certain versions of IW. Might it be standalone later? Perhaps. But it is what it is. Many are approaching it as they are getting a free game with their purchase of MWR.

If you can't provide anything constructive, why post at all?

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
However, why not release MWR as its own game? The only reason they make it bonus content is for more money.
TriNational
It also shafts people who do not want to pay 80$ for a 30$ game and another game that they won't play. Its constructive criticism to COD devs telling them that they will lose supporters of COD by making decisions only for the purpose of making money.
TriNational

Businesses exist to make money. You know that, right?

They knew they were taking a risk with the new game. To reward long-time, loyal players, they decided to include MWR. Of course it was done to boost sales. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that.

But they could have given us a cheesy reskin of a classic. Instead they have a game completely rebuilt from the ground up, and added more replay value with additional prestiges and other add ons that add to, without detracting from, the classic.  If it were an insult to the legacy, that would be one thing. But from all accounts, its an amazing homage to what is arguably the greatest game in FPS history.

They are saying to basically take a chance on the new game while honoring fans of classic CODs. You value it at $30... but what if you get a couple days of play time out of it? Seems like a worthwhile investment. Its not easy to get a full days entertainment for $80 these days, not to mention something that could give you days of entertainment.

Why complain? If it bugs you that much, don't buy it and see if somewhere down the line you can get it as a standalone. 

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Maybe try to look at it in a positive way, your buying mwr for £50 which will last for time then your getting iw for £10. It's not really that bad iw still has a campaign which looks good an normally are then you get zombies mode too. Unless neither appeal to you but to me that seems a good deal.

iw will only take 46gb if your using disc and mwr 42gb so that's not the reportedly 130gb. If your a bo3 owner with a season pass then that's 87gb so you could just delete that an replace with the bundle.

this is how I'm looking at it, although I'm not to bothered about iw I'm still going to give it a proper bash an see what it offers then make up my mind. It's up to you how you want to look at it though.

treddyboy12
Highlighted

The way that I'm FORCED to look at it, I'm buying MWR for $60 and IW for $20.

I would happily pay $60 for MWR if it was sold on its own.

I wouldn't pay a single cent for IW.

And before you say the game hasn't even come out yet or how can you say that without giving it a chance, I played the crap out of the beta. And from that, I've already deduced that I want none of it. I don't care that it was only the beta. Btw, the beta is not just for the developers. It's for the gamers, too. Developers want to know what they can improve on, and gamers want to know if it's a game worth buying. To say that all the problems (and there were many) were expected and that they'll all be fixed by release date is PITIFUL! This was the beta! Everything should of been ready, or at least close to ready. If I'm shaming some execs out there, good!

I understand the business aspect of selling the bundle. Why would Activision shoot itself in the foot by releasing two titles that compete against each other? But it begs the question: Would Activision still do this if they had any confidence that IW would outsell MWR? Anyway you look at it, you can't deny that it's still shady.

As for your suggestions about campaign and zombies, never got into both. The only campaign that I ever played is MW. I'm strictly in it for the multiplayer.

So then, how should I look at it in a positive way now?

pureevil777
You haven't played anything close to the full game. You couldn't even use the knife.

The beta wasn't much of the game and some major changes have already been announced and more will happen through the first month.

Believe something and it will probably happen. I think the campaign could be fun enough on its own to be with $60. BO3's was, so why not?
the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

You totally sound like damage control...

pureevil777

Or I like to make up my mind after I have all the relevant information.  Weird, I know.  Remember Rumsfeld's words, and think about what you might not know you don't know.

You're not being forced to buy anything.  You can also choose not to buy IW, with or without MWR.  The most powerful voice you have with Acti is your wallet.  As long as you keep opening it, they'll keep doing what they're doing.  Why wouldn't they?  If the only way for them to get your money is to offer MWR separately, you need to tell them that by not giving them money for IW just to get MWR.  Economics really isn't that hard.

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

Studios