cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor 2 Movie discussion

HeroHQ

Then people should just make good movies!  Problem solved. 

Rogue_Shadow1

Man based on what I have seen of Taylor's work let him go 2.5 hours it is half an hour for goodness sakes and Feige is freaking out. I understand what Hawk is saying but if a movie is great people will watch it. All of the LOTR movies were close to three hours in the theatre and it worked just fine. The trailer looks epic so lets have an epic movie for goodness sakes. However you have to wonder how good the music is going to be with some poor guy brought in so late in the process, ouch, not an easy job to compose and make it good. Hopefully the mediator can get Feige and Taylor together and get their differences solved.

Iron24

New trailer is out!  It's different than the one from Comic Con, missing a number of the clips mentioned in the reports including the hand chopping.  Still, I think it looks amazing and got some goosebumps watching it.  The action looks great, the effects look awesome, and it looks like we'll get to see plenty of Asgard and the other Asgardians.  Frigga fighting off a Dark Elf, Heimdall out of his armor, the Warriors Three and Sif threatening Loki, and of course, plenty of Thor and Loki.  Can't wait to finally see it in November!  What do you guys think?

Hawkeye Level 74

I was a little disappointed it wasn't the Comic Con one, but it was still pretty awesome!  Like you said, lots of Asgard, lots of Sif and the Warriors Three and Loki.  The trailer really focused on Loki a lot.  It's gonna be really interesting to see what they do with Loki.  Obviously, no one trusts him and everyone hates him, but Loki's gone through like a million redemptions and betrayals in the comics, so it'll be cool to see what angle they take on it. 

Rogue_Shadow1

Pretty awesome stuff!  I love that last line!  If you look closely you can see they have made a few adjustments to the ship that attacks London (vs. the previous trailer).  It's nice to know they're always working on it.

Bring on November! (this actually comes out on my son's 2nd birthday too!)

Jadryx1

It's been said plenty of places, but it's pretty cool that they included the Kronan as a very nerdy easter egg, haha.  I need to rewatch it a bunch to see what other cool things that can be picked up!  I also like that they've kinda hidden Malekith in the trailer.  He's there and you can hear him talk, but you don't see any really close shots of him or get too much detail on what his plans are.  Makes things a bit mysterious and keeps it from spoiling too much of the story.

@Jad - What adjustments do you see?

Hawkeye Level 74

The trailer looks great and Asgard wow!! I can hardly wait to see this movie and it looks like Taylor may have knocked it out of the park.

Guys funny thing I found out today at the comic shop. It turns out the Loki is incredibly popular with teen girls, they love him. This comes from the owner of the comic shop I go to. He says they will go to the movie in droves to see him so if you see a lot of giggling teen girls there ya go, lol.

Everything looks good about the film, the action, special effects, like every character they have shown and think this might be the Marvel movie of the year beating out IM3.

Iron24

It looks like it has some more details were added, kinda like a slightly different armor and maybe some more lights.  To be honest I was tipped off about the changes so I didn't notice them on my own. 

Tom Hiddleston has quite the following, I hear.  I am a big fan of his portrayal of Loki.  He is so mischevious and sinister, yet still so charming!  It looks to be another great show from him in TDW.

I'm a little disappointed we haven't seen Fandral yet.  I was curious to see how Zachary Levi compares to Josh Dallas.  Guess I'll have to wait for the movie.  I think it's time to go on the media blackout again! (at the very least just trailers and clips, while avoiding plot spoilers too)

Jadryx1

Oh Jad you and your media blackouts. I totally see your point because they do give a lot of spoilers these days, the biggest one in recent memory for me was Hulk catching IM, I wish I would have never seen that before the film.

I don't think we have seen Hogun either Jad, where is the Hogun love, lol.

Iron24

Haha, yeah, Tom/Loki are hugely popular.  I think part of it is Tom embracing the fandom as much as he does and the other is Loki being the sympathetic bad boy.  It doesn't hurt that Tom is also a really great, charismatic actor.

@Jad - Awesome link, Jad!

I'd be happy seeing more Sif, myself, haha.  I'm curious to see what role Darcy and Erik Selvig will have in the sequel though, with so much of the footage being about Asgard.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS