cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor 2 Movie discussion

HeroHQ

CBM has a cool description of the new Thor footage!   Marvel is really kicking ass with these sequels.  Everyone is gonna talk about the Batman/Superman movie announcement, but I'm more excited for Thor and Cap, haha.

The footage begins in the middle of a battlefield. The Warriors Three are among those fighting.  The rainbow bridge appears and Mjolnir comes through first. It hits one of the opponent soldiers and Thor is right behind it. He slams it against the Earth and soldiers go flying. Sif saves Thor from a spear at the last second. Over the hill a giant monster who looks like he's made of clay approaches. He's huge and angry. Nearly 20 feet. "I accept your surrender," Thor grins. The beast refuses and Thor smashes him to pieces with the hammer. "Anyone else?" Thor asks. The Marvel logo comes up and we're in London. Jane Foster is there and Thor arrives via the bridge.  "I gave you my word I would return for you," he says. We see Jane in Asgard, exploring the wonder of it all. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. Thor goes to Loki. He's get in a prison cell with a big glass panel in front. "After all this time, you come before me, brother?" says Loki, "Why? To mock?" Thor says he needs Loki's help.  We see a hand reach for a broken mask, I believe it's Malekith. "Your bravery will not relieve your pain," a voice (I think Eccleston) says. "Your family and your world will be extinguished."  Loki sets off with Thor, Jane, Sif and the Warriors Three for a mission. Jane looks at a monitor and says something about the fabric of reality being torn apart.  Sif tells Loki that if he betrays Thor, she'll kill him. Jane marches right up and slaps Loki in the face. "That was for New York!" she says. "I like her," Loki grins. There's a final shot of Thor on the ground, hurt, with Loki standing over him. He kicks Thor directly in the face. Thor reaches for his hammer, but Loki kicks his hand away.

Hawkeye Level 74

The footage sounds great but I'm kinda disappointed (and a teeny bit worried) that there wasn't a panel for the movie.  I'd like to think most of it was due to scheduling with the cast/crew having other commitments, but with the rumors of problems between Marvel and the director it makes me think there is definitely something to those rumors.  I guess time will tell and hopefully it doesn't affect the quality of the movie.

(hearing about Tom Hiddleston appearing as Loki was pretty cool, though.  It's great how much love he has for the part, and he does so well at it!  Also, there are conflicing reports about the end of the footage that was shown.  Some say Loki kicks Thor's hand away, and others say he (minor spoiler?) completely cuts it off! )

Jadryx1

Whoa, that sounds pretty crazy!  I wanna see this footage! haha, I guess I'll be able to see it in November!  It's weird that we haven't seen much of the movie when it's coming so soon, though.  I feel like we knew way more about Iron Man 3 this close to its release.  But, everything I'm hearing about the movie sounds cool.

Rogue_Shadow1

It is a bit weird that there wasn't more of a Q&A about Thor at the Marvel movie panel, but according to IMDB Chris Hemsworth is filming a movie so maybe they didn't wanna do a Q&A when the title star can't attend?  IMDB also mentions that Natalie Portman is filming a new movie.  I don't think any issues between Marvel and the Taylor would effect the relationship between Marvel and Chris or Natalie or Jamie, etc, ya know?  Its pretty cool Tom showed up though and in full Loki gear!

The situation with Thor's hand is interesting.  I hope they release the footage soon for everyone to see!

Hawkeye Level 74

New poster.  Very simlar to the approach they took with the IM3 poster.  I like this one better.  Does Malekith have a normal face in the beginning and then something happens to mess up half of it?  I just thought it was always like that.  We're also supposed to get a new trailer next week....maybe the one from Comic con?

Thor-The-Dark-World.jpg

Jadryx1

Pretty cool poster!  I love the big presence of Sif there, not to mention the Warriors Three and not ominous face of Malekith hiding in the backgrounds.

As for Malekith, no, he wasn't born that way.  Half his body being black and half it being white has to do him being half-dead.  The EMH cartoon did a really fun episode with him called "The Ancient Casket of Winters" where you can probably guess what that's about, haha.

Hawkeye Level 74

New trailer!?  Awesome!  I would assume it's the comic con one, which sounds super cool!  Also, super cool poster, Jad.  But are there meteors or things crashing in every movie poster?  Seriously, I feel like I see them in every movie poster...

Rogue_Shadow1

Yes, there is, Rogue.  Didn't you ever notice the exploding skyscrapper in the movie poster for Pride and Prejuidice!  It didn't have anything to do with the story, but it looked so cool.

Hawkeye Level 74

I was so angry when I didn't see any exploding skyscrapers in that movie.  It was in the book, wasn't it?

Rogue_Shadow1

Yes, Pride and Prejuicide is a gritty R rated action movie.  Think, the first the Die Hard.  You know how crazy movie adaptions go though, it's like they didn't even bother to read the source material.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS