cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor 2 Movie discussion

HeroHQ

Because the book was even more action-packed, right?  If they tried to honor the source material, the movie wouldn't even be allowed in theaters.  I mean, that scene with the alien...

Rogue_Shadow1

Hey, don't bring up that alien.  It'll make me sick to my stomach.  I can't believe someone would write something so sick.

Hawkeye Level 74

That Jane Austen wrote some disturbing horror stuff.  I can't believe they teach it in schools!  I even have to write a final graduation paper on her writing!

Rogue_Shadow1
Highlighted

Sorry guys didnt notice the thread was beind used again, lol. I have not heard of the problems with Taylor and Marvel, really like Taylor for his work with Game of thrones, wonder what the problems were, anyone know?

Movie looks really, really good.

Iron24

Here was the rumor (I think it was reported around the time that IM3 was released)-

Taylor was apparently butting heads with [Marvel President Kevin Feige] over the run time and final edit. Taylor wants the film to be 2 and a half hours, Marvel says he’s contracted to give them a 2 hour film and he’s breaching his contract. He hasn’t been fired, but editing has stopped for 2 weeks while both parties take some time to cool off before a mediator will be brought in [the] middle of June. Bottom line is that the film is only 5 months from release and a decision is going to have to be made soon especially if re-shoots are required.

Other sites reported that Marvel allegedly asked Taylor to "take a long vacation until AFTER the movie opens".

I haven't heard anything since then, but I do believe they did some re-shoots and I would assume Taylor shot those.

The original composer (Carter Burwell) also left the movie over a "creative split".  I don't recall if they announced a new composer though.

Jadryx1

I think they have confirmed a new composer, but I can't remember who.

Only two days until the new trailer hits!  Can't wait!

Hawkeye Level 74

Wow, I really don't like when studios try to mess with a director's ideas for a story.  I'm sure it'll end up being a cool movie, but why limit the awesomeness to 2 hours?  Being 734 hours* didn't stop Lord of the Rings from being successful, after all. 

*Possibly slight exaggeration for effect

Rogue_Shadow1

I can kinda understand Marvel's reasoning.  When Hobbit came out last winter there was plenty of complaints about it being too long and some people prefer the theatrical versions of LOTR to the extended ones, cause they feel like the extended versions are too bloated.  I disagree, but some people don't wanna spend two and a half hours sitting in a movie theater and kids are gonna be in the audience too and ya don't want them to get bored.  So, Marvel has to be careful with the running time or it can turn people off.  The last thing they want people to say is "Let's wait till its on Netflix".

Hawkeye Level 74

Yeah, they want to appeal to the largest number of people possible, including impatient people.  Stop using your logic here, Hawk! haha, though I've never understood the idea that you want to spend money on a movie ticket and have the movie end sooner rather than later.  Wouldn't you want more entertainment time for your money instead of less?  Course, it's not that simple, since not every movie should be 2 and a half hours, but some are good enough for that.

Rogue_Shadow1

It also depends on if its a good two and a half hour movie, haha.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer