Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions Megathread [Last Updated: November 10, 2010 - News on PC Version!]

HeroHQ

Re: The Official Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions Megathread [Last Updated: November 10, 2010 - News on PC Version!]

in reply to Ryuuie

Ryuuie is there anyway i could help?

I think the things I need to do right now is get the links from the old thread posted into this one in each respective section, somehow work that form into the first post, then wait for Comic-Con floods.

I may need help, but at this point in time, I don't think I will. But thank you! Smiley Happy

Level 21

Re: The Official Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions Megathread [Last Updated: November 10, 2010 - News on PC Version!]

in reply to Ryuuie

No prob just post the word "DPRC" and i'll be here to help

Level 26

in reply to Ryuuie

As far as the thanks section goes you should probably just get rid of it. It takes too much time away from you and I hope people don't care too much about it Smiley Happy

Level 39

in reply to Ryuuie

I closed the old thread, let us know if you need it opened again to get information, and Beast I thought Dr.T was looking into expanding the writing place in posts

Level 38

in reply to Ryuuie

That was a while ago, I don't think it'll happen Smiley Sad

Level 39

in reply to Ryuuie

Awwww i want to use 7000 words to express my feeling on this

Level 26

in reply to Ryuuie

if the information has nothing new, I will not add it. This goes for previews, interviews, and videos. If the new article has images, I'll post those to the official megathread Photobucket and put the article in the Sources section, but it won't go in the Reviews, Previews, and Interviews (RPI) section.

Hi Ryuuie,

I understand your position on this, but it would be great if all interviews could be archived in one place, and the Megathread is currently the best spot. If a new interview appears that you feel doesn't give new information, could you still log it somewhere? If you want to keep it out of the main category, that's fine, but if you could keep an 'interview appendix' or somesuch where all interviews are linked, that would be great.

My reasoning for this is that we're going to be getting a ton of information out of Comic-Con and a number of outlets will likely be interviewing the Shattered Dimensions developers. There will no doubt be many "digest" articles that sum up all pertinent game information derived from various interviews, but that doesn't mean the original interviews themselves should disappear from the face of the internet. Many fans like hearing information from developers in their own words; not everyone is tuning in just for a list of bullet points.

Additionally, the devs have worked hard to bring information to the public, and interviews play an important role in providing context for every design decision. This is the kind of coverage that is especially difficult to convey by simple lists and links, and it'd be shame if this wasn't documented.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Level 13

in reply to Ryuuie

if the information has nothing new, I will not add it. This goes for previews, interviews, and videos. If the new article has images, I'll post those to the official megathread Photobucket and put the article in the Sources section, but it won't go in the Reviews, Previews, and Interviews (RPI) section.

Hi Ryuuie,

I understand your position on this, but it would be great if all interviews could be archived in one place, and the Megathread is currently the best spot. If a new interview appears that you feel doesn't give new information, could you still log it somewhere? If you want to keep it out of the main category, that's fine, but if you could keep an 'interview appendix' or somesuch where all interviews are linked, that would be great.

My reasoning for this is that we're going to be getting a ton of information out of Comic-Con and a number of outlets will likely be interviewing the Shattered Dimensions developers. There will no doubt be many "digest" articles that sum up all pertinent game information derived from various interviews, but that doesn't mean the original interviews themselves should disappear from the face of the internet. Many fans like hearing information from developers in their own words; not everyone is tuning in just for a list of bullet points.

Additionally, the devs have worked hard to bring information to the public, and interviews play an important role in providing context for every design decision. This is the kind of coverage that is especially difficult to convey by simple lists and links, and it'd be shame if this wasn't documented.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hmm... how about this, I split the previews and interviews (PI) up from the reviews (R) section, then in the PI section, I have ones with new information, and ones with replicate information (could call it the "Replicated Section" and put a note that the articles there are for archive purposes but may not contain new information?

Sorf of like:

New Previews and Interviews

IGN.com link

GameSpot link

Archive

The links in this archive may contain information that is repeated.

OneofSwords link

TeamXbox link

It would probably look something like this. Then, I could just move stuff from the New PI section down to the Archive PI section.

Alternatively (and I think I like this idea more), I can set up my Dropbox account and have a TXT there containing all of the articles thusfar as a sort of archive. This would keep clutter down and off the site in a downloadable fashion.

Also, I can just move all of the previous information from the old megathread into TXTs so that the old thread can be deleted but the information preserved.

Level 21

in reply to Ryuuie

Sorf of like:

IGN.com link

GameSpot link

Archive

OneofSwords link

TeamXbox link

It would probably look something like this. Then, I could just move stuff from the New PI section down to the Archive PI section.

This would be perfect! Let's avoid the drop-box solution, as keeping everything on the forums reaches a much wider array of users.

Thanks for working this out! We also really appreciate all the work you've put into the Megathread up to this point as well. Smiley Happy

Level 13

in reply to Ryuuie

Sorf of like:

IGN.com link

GameSpot link

Archive

OneofSwords link

TeamXbox link

This would be perfect! Let's avoid the drop-box solution, as keeping everything on the forums reaches a much wider array of users.

Thanks for working this out! We also really appreciate all the work you've put into the Megathread up to this point as well. Smiley Happy

No problem! Smiley Happy It's pretty fun to do!

Level 21
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS