cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!

HeroHQ

Re: The Avengers 2

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Not true, I could fall and spear myself with my owns ?'s, haha.  You're right though, Avengers 2 is said to come out Summer 2015 and Ant-Man is aimed for November 2015.  Does that mean Hank will get introduced earlier than that?  Maybe in a small cameo/supporting role in Cap 2 or Avengers as a scientist then gets his own solo movie?  I don't see why they couldn't still have him as just a scientist that creates Ultron then gets his own movie where he gains his powers and meets Jan and what not.  Ultron and Hank go together so much I can't imagine doing one without the other.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

That'd be a truly impressive feat of clumsiness, though.  I wonder if you're clumsy enough to pull that off?  That's what I'm wondering... I figure they might make Hank create Ultron in Avengers 2 and then have him become a superhero to make up for his mistake or something in his own movie. 

Rogue_Shadow1

I can be pretty clumsy so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, haha.  Yeah, Hank in the comics seems to be constantly seeking redemption because he slapped Jan and for creating Ultron.  It makes sense that his solo movie would be about him trying to redeem himself for creating Ultron in Avengers: AoU by gaining powers and becoming Ant-Man.  And his solo movie coming out a few months after AoU lets him redeem himself pretty quick so audiences don't get used to hating him.  Though I wonder if that could make the marketing tricky?  I doubt he'd have a huge role in Avengers, maybe something similar to Maria Hill, but you don't wanna spoil too much by showing the Ant-Man trailer before Avengers: AoU comes out.  I guess it depends on exactly when AoU comes out.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

No, you wouldn't be shocked if it happened, you'd be impaled by a ?, of course.  Yes, I'm taking this very literally.  Yeah, the redemption story is what I was thinking made sense.  But, like you said, it creates some weird issues with marketing it.  Not to mention that I feel like they've said that the Ant-Man movie is supposedly pretty stand-alone, which is why they were able to move it around between phase 2 and 3 in their planning. 

Rogue_Shadow1

At one point Ant-Man was supposed to star Scott Lang and the writing was "finished" years ago so I think we have to take anything they've said about Ant-Man with a grain of salt, haha.  i was thinking though that now that we have Ultron confirmed and its been rumored that Vin Deisel will be Vision, would this mean a Wanda-Vision romance?  Or hints of it, anyway.  You never know what twists they'll throw into the movies, but it seems like the natural way to go, ya know?  It can't be just a coincidence that Wanda and Ultron debut in the same movie together.  Wanda and Vision is also one of the most well known of the Avenger romances, aside from Jan and Hank.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, the Ant-Man movie has been crazy, so it's tough to really trust anything they say about it.  I don't really know what's up with all those Vin Diesel rumors, since it seems like there's a new one every day.  Introducing all those characters at once seems like it might be a bit much, though, so I don't think they'd do that all at once. 

Rogue_Shadow1

I think Vin mentioned that it'd be announced this weekend who he's playing?  I don't think he'd be Ultron, he doesn't seem like the sort to have the flair to be a villain and I heard he's been dropping hints about being Vision.  Four characters is a lot (not counting possible Hank sightings), but I imagine Vision will be a villain for 90% of the movie before Wanda's sympathy towards him convinces him to switch sides (Think like Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi).  And Wanda and Pietro themselves aren't supposed to be friendly with the Avengers at first, so I guess its more like adding four villains than adding three new cast members to the Avengers crew.  Could still be a little bit of a juggle though and Whedon has said this movie will be more intimate than the first one.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Some cool videos have surfaced showing unused scenes from the first Avengers movie!  The different intro for Tony I thought was boring and didn't have anything to do with the rest of the movie.  It was just Tony fighting some random guy in the jungle who has robotic arms and legs.  But the second clip that showed an alternate escape from the SHIELD base was pretty cool with Loki taking a more active role fighting off IM while escaping on a train, though naturally my favorite part is that it had Clint be the one to takedown IM with an EMP arrow which I think woulda been way cooler than Clint just firing a gun at Maria Hill as he drove through a tunnel.  I thought the alternate conversation between Tony and Loki at the Stark Tower was pretty fun, showing how Loki manipulated people into obeying him.  It also seemed to hint at Clint not being mindcontrolled in that version since he comments on Thor jumping out of the Quinjet a second time.  The last video was probably the most interesting though since it clearly shows Wasp in it as well as Clint wearing his classic Hawkeye costume.  I wonder how different the movie would have been had Jan been in it?

In other news, pertaining to the Avengers: AoU, Feige has had a bit to say lately about the two characters absent from the solo movies: Hawkeye and Hulk.  He said Hulk will have a significant role and that Whedon has a great storyline in mind to flesh out Clint's character.  The comment about Clint coincidences with Whedon's comments at SDCC that he's having fun writing a beefier role for Clint.  So, I'm pretty happy to hear more said about Clint and what his future is in the movies, though at this stage you never know what will end up on the cutting room floor.  Feige was also the one that said Clint would steal the show in the first Avengers movie and..yeah, that didn't happen.  But it all sounds positive and that they're gonna try to make up for Clint getting screwed in the first Avengers!  Fingers crossed, haha.

There's also the rumor that Elizabeth Olsen will get the part of Scarlet Witch.  I never heard of her before, but she's apparently a star in the making.  She doesn't really have Wanda's look, in my opinion, but most pictures has her with straight blond hair.  Maybe with a curly brown wig and the right make-up will make her look more like Wanda.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah I read that two and I believe she is the younger sister of the Olson twins but a very talented actress who has gotten some good reviews.

Will have to watch those scenes for sure.

I do hope Clint has a much better role in the next movie and although he had some nice action scenes in the 1st movie hopefully we will get some Clint personality in the second movie.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Its pretty weird trying to wrap my head around one of the Olsens being in the Avengers, haha.  But, yeah, I also heard she was also a pretty good actress.  It looks like she's only done a handful of films though.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS