cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!

HeroHQ

Re: The Avengers 2

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah Hawk I know you don't like Supes. I am not sure why I like him as he is almost too powerful and a goody, goody. But Smallville was fun. They created a very interesting thing with Lex and Clark knowing each other when Clark was still in HS, Lionel Luthor, Lex's dad is a big corporate raider and he owns the big processing plant in Smallville and has sent Lex there, who is in his early 20's, to run it, banishing Lex from Metropolis. Lex is spoiled, bright and headstrong but not evil yet. Anyway Clark saves his life and they become friends and you can see there is darkness in Lex but he fights it and Clark helps, but eventually the fact that Lex knows Clark has some sort of secret he is hiding that he won't share with Lex slowly takes Lex down the dark path until he is a bad guy, but I loved the twist and the way it humanized Lex and made him a much more interesting character that is for sure. The special effects on the show were very good for TV and the super speed was done really well. They have one with a young flash, who is a thief because his mom kicked him out of the house because she was freaked out when he got his powers, but is really a good kid at heart and him Clark bond. Clark tries to get him to change his ways and in the end Flash saves Clark. Then Clark tries to convince Flash to stay in Smallville with him instead of wandering the country and Flash tells him he will stay if Clark can catch him. Flash takes off with Clark in pursuit they are both going super fast and Clark almost catches him when Flash turns around waves at Clark and then kicks it into high gear and just flat out blazes leaving Clark in the dust, pretty fun stuff.

However the show has a bit of teenage angst with the whole Clark and Lana thing but man Kristin Kreuk who played Lana was hot, hot, hot, yowza. I liked her a lot, lol.

About the QS thing yeah I think Singer is being a jerk.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Haha, sounds like you really enjoyed it.

It's going to be really interesting to see how the Quicksilver situation works out.  While Singer can likely replace Pietro with Northstar for a simple action scene, the same can't be said for Whedon.  Will Marvel throw money at Fox to let them use Pietro, will we see a legal battle about the character rights, or would we see two Quicksilvers in two different movies?  I think the first two options seem the most likely since I don't think Marvel would want Fox to use Pietro, even for just an action scene set in the future, when they have much bigger plans in store for him.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Well Kevin Feige said that both Marvel and Fox have the rights to the characters but Marvel cannot call them mutants or say their father is Magneto. Will be pretty funny if he is in both. I think Whedon's take will be much better than Singer's that is for sure. I used to really like Singer with Usual Suspect and the first two X-men movies, although they were more Wolverine and his friends, but still thought they were good. But after that Singer went downhill. Anyway will be interesting to see how they resolve it.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Looks like Marvel is gonna be sticking to their guns and Whedon confirms we will get Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2!

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Should be interesting to see how they work in the movie.  While I still think it doesn't make that much sense to pick them over other characters like Panther or Ms. Marvel, I gotta say that it's really cool that we're at a place where Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver can actually be in a big-time movie.  Would've never thought that ten years ago. Even five years ago. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Well Wanda's powers will be the most interesting for me to see. I like super speed but I hvae seen it a ton of times so not that exciting, whereas Wanda's chaotic hex power should be very cool on the big screeen. Looking forward to it.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Rumor is that we could see Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver.  I don't think I've seen anything he's been in, but just lookin at pics it definitely looks like he could pull off Pietro's haughtiness.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Hmm, will have to check it out. The name is not familiar.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

RDJ will return in Avengers 2 and 3

Great news!  I'm ok if they are done with solo movies but it just wouldn't feel right to have The Avengers without RDJ's Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Jadryx1

in reply to Jadryx1

Yeah, as cool as another Iron Man could be, I think it'd also be nice to let other characters get the solo flick (coughHAWKEYEcough), haha.  But there's still gonna be plenty of Tony Stark in the Avengers movies, so it's not like RDJ and IM will be disappearing.  I've seen some pretty strong rumors of a Dr Strange movie which will be announced at SDCC, but what else do you think we'll see?  More Avengers (Black Panther, Ms Marvel, etc) or maybe street level guys like Heroes For Hire or Moon Knight?

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS