cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!

HeroHQ

Re: The Avengers 2

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, that's what they need to do... I wonder why no one thought of that before... But recasting Cllint definitely gives them a chance to redo the character.  Ruffalo-Hulk is totally different from Norton-Hulk, after all. 

I would think he just said the six characters, since it's not like he could assume they'd get all the actors back, and it wouldn't make any sense to say that the actors are the core of a movie anyway.  It would be a really weird choice of words that wouldn't make any sense. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

I know!  Who needs acting ability when you have the knowlege of hundreds of comics to guide you!  I'm not sure it'd be as different as Norton and Ruffalo, cause Whedon didn't have any involvement in Incredible Hulk, but he is still gonna write and direct Avengers 2.  But a new actor could bring a different view of Clint than Renner did and maybe inject a bit more swagger and natural cockiness in how he plays him.  Whatever happens I'm just hoping for a better Hawkeye in Avengers 2.

Haha, true.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I'm not sure what to think about the whole Hawkeye situation.  I think that article is speculating a lot, especially about the "he 'talked bad' about Marvel so they're gonna can him!" stuff.  It does make you wonder when Hawkeye isn't showing up in any of the other phase 2 movies, especially something like CA:TWS that has a heavy SHIELD presence (but is also getting pretty crowded).  I expect to see Hawkeye in Avengers 2.  Whether or not he's played by Jeremy Renner or has a more prominent role will be seen, I guess.

In other news - Joss Whedon talks a little more about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

I was kind of hoping that the rumor/speculation about those two was just that.  I'm not sure how they'll introduce mutants to the MCU. (or if they even will.....their origins might be changed to accomodate)  Avengers 2 is still a long way off though, and there's plenty of stuff that will happen in the other phase 2 movies in the mean time.  I hope Whedon will be able to pull it all off once again! 

Jadryx1

in reply to Jadryx1

I saw what Whedon said about them, and it's sounding to me like they might be used as villains, at first.  They would definitely be legitimate threats for the team, while not being as overpowering as someone like Thanos, though I'm not sure how they would tie in with him, if he is the main villain. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Hawkeye

So, now it's being said Renner will be back, haha, and the article specuilates that he'll have a cameo in Cap 2, but I'm not so sure about that.  Banner only ended up in IM3 cause RDJ wanted it, not necessarily cause Marvel planned it.  But maybe they'll bring him in or have him pop up in the SHIELD show since it'd suck if he was the only character left out of pre-Avengers phase 2 stuff.

Judging by Whedon's comments it definitely sounds like they'll initially start as adversaries.  I don't wanna say villains cause it doesn't necessarily sound like that they're evil, but it comes across as that being born with these special powers they fear the Avengers will come after them.  Like how mutants always have a bad rep from the public for being "evil" and now that the Avengers are around, they fear it's a matter of time before Fury sends em after them.  I know Marvel can't use the word "mutant" but they could also just say "Wanda and Pietro were born this world" and that pretty much covers it without having to bring in the M-word.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Well it is definite that SW and QS are in the movie so there is no more debate about that. Whedon said they would not make things easier for the Avengers if this means they start out as enemies, like Hawk said, and then end up joining the Avengers to stop a larger threat we will see. It could also mean that they have a lot of friction with the team due to their different attitudes. But I don't think they can use the word mutants in the movie based on Fox having the rights to the X-Men or mutants. Really wish Marvel would have never sold the rights of Spidey and X-Men but they did. Not sure why the studios couldn't work together and mention the X-Men in Avengers and the Avengers in X=Men and then the stuidos could co-produce and X-Men Avengers movie, that would be cool.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Banner's basically left out of the Phase 2 movies, though, so it's not like Clint would be the only one to not get any time in the movies.  It'd be awesome if he could show up with a witty remark or two, though.  It does seem kinda weird to have Cap 2 involve Cap working with SHIELD and Black Widow, but not have Clint show up at all, though, so I could see him popping in for a bit.  It's not like a quick cameo is gonna do that much, though, so I'm not too worried about it, I guess.

Well, we don't know for sure that SW and QS are gonna be in the movie, Iron.  We only know that they're in the current draft of the script, but those drafts are always changing at this stage, so it's still possible they won't be in.  It's pretty rare for them to publicly say characters are in and then remove them, though.  It definitely makes sense to start them out as enemies, though.  After all, they didn't exactly start out as superheroes anyway, so it'd be a kinda nice way to reference their comic roots without actually showing their comic roots because they can't. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Well in an interview with IGN Whedon did say that QS and SW will be in the movie and that IM will be in the movie as well. It would be pretty hard for him to not have them in now after he publically said that they would be in the movie, the article is over at IGN or you can see it at superheroype.com. So I would say that is pretty definite indication that they will be in the film. Being the director and saying someone is in the film and then not putting them in the film would look pretty bad.

Be interesting to see how they do SW's powers since they are supposed to be unpredictable. QS should be pretty easy since they have been doing super speed for a long time. Heck on Smallville they did super speed really well with Clark.

Did any of you guys watch Smallville? I really liked it.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Nope, I never saw Smallville.  Never been big on Superman.  Arrow is supposed to be good, but I don't like Ollie either, haha.  WB refuses to make shows about characters I like, except for Wonder Woman but it sounded terrible.  I know Black Canary and Huntress are both on Arrow and I heard Nightwing might guest star in an episode next season though.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

What do you guys think of the Quicksilver situation?  Seems like a pretty dick movie on Singer's part, especially since he only wants Pietro for an action scene and Whedon wants to use him as a big part of Avengers 2.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS